Chapter Four: Save Me From My Crazy Family

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, they like you a lot. Especially Grandma." She says smiling at me softly.
After a few seconds I sigh and decide she isn't going to say anything else so I should leave. I begin to walk away but she yells my name,

"Suga! U-um, I just wanted to tell you how nice it was that you came for dinner. I know they didn't give you much choice, but we don't really get visitors so it was really nice of you to accept." She says and I smile.

"No problem. I enjoyed it, plus your Grandfather tells good stories." I say and pause,
"I liked getting to know you, ah- y-your family a bit better." I say getting slightly flustered. She smiles.

"I liked it too." She says softly with slight colour on her cheeks.
A strange feeling explodes in my chest and I suddenly can't think straight.

"Anyway, I should, um go, I suppose. I-I'll see you tomorrow." I say feeling my face get hot. I go to walk out the gate but run into the pailing, somehow making my face get even hotter. I mumble under my breath and keep walking away faster.

My heart rate is speeding up everytime I think of (y/n)'s smiling face back there.

'Ugh, why does she have to be so cute.
W a i t.
Since when did I think she was cute???'

Your P.O.V
My face is still warm when I head back inside.
I head into the lounge room and I am greeted by a grinning Grandmother.

"Did you kiss him" She asks her grin widening and eyes gleaming.
My face heats up and I attempt to look serious as I answer.

"I didn't. He's not even my boyfriend-"

"-Yet!" She yells cutting me off and beginning to wander off.

"Ugh, how in the world do I live with you?" I grumble jokingly and she laughs.

"Amen." Grandpa says and Grandma slaps him on the arm and he smiles.

I decided to head up to my room and call dad to ask about staying at Iwa's. I open up my phone but halt when I see Suga's contact on the top of my phone.

I remember seeing his face drop at dinner when I mentioned staying at his house. A strange feeling makes my stomach churn and I decide to talk to Haruhi instead.

Me
Hiiiii Haruhi.
How was school today? Did you find a place to study at school yet?
Grandma practically forced a guy from my Volleyball club (his name's Suga btw) to stay for dinner. Grandma was intent on embarrassing me at any point she could. Luckily Grandpa stopped her by telling some stories instead and Suga seemed to like that so it was good.
Hope your doing well.
Text me soon xxx

I hit send and decide to do some sketching in my book for a while until she answered.

Lil Sis 🤘
Hey.
Today pretty much sucked. I went looking for somewhere to study and ended up in a host club. I didn't even know the school had a host club! Then to make things better I broke a vase worth ¥8,000,000 and now I have to dress like a guy to repay the debt.
Sounds like you had a pretty eventful evening too. When I come down I want to meet Suga. He sounds nice and if he can deal with Grandma he's pretty chilled out too.
Other than the debt fiasco I'm doing well.
I might be a bit busy for the next few days but I'll text you when I can.
Byee xx

'Wow that sucka.' I think and decide to text her back tomorrow instead of tonight because of the time.

I turn off my lights and go over to my window.
I look up to the starry sky above and try to name the constellations. In summertime if the weather was nice, our family would go out and have dinner under the stars.