Chapter 5: Please save her.

2 weeks later...
Helga is still at the hospital. And I still practically live there with her. I stay there with her most of the day, and I sleep over a lot. I'm not there every waking moment of everyday, sometimes I leave to go see Gerald and my family and stuff. But for the most part, I am at the hospital with Helga.

Her parents haven't come back yet.

It's better that way because we don't have to stress out about it.

It was a normal day and we were at the hospital, Helga takes her meds, not much happens.
I would say it was uneventful, but anything can be eventful when the love of your life is there.

Helga and I were watching TV like normal. We had Netflix cued up on the TV, and we were watching that show called "You" that everyone seems to be talking about. I was laying on the bed next to her, and I put my arm around her shoulder.

"Watching You is pretty fun, isn't it Helga?" I said flirtatiously.

I guess I wasn't the best at being smooth with sayings like this.
[A/N: yeah I know I'm /so/ original with that You joke lmao]

"Haha, you're so cheesy, football head." Helga said. "But that's one of the things I love about you."

"You love everything about me, don't you Helga?" I said.

"Dream on, football head.
Okay okay sorry I can't even lie. I do love everything about you." Helga said.

"I love everything about you too." I said.

I touched Helga's cheek as she faced me, and then kissed her passionately.
I released all my love for her in this passionate kiss. I hoped everything would turn out okay. I hoped she would turn out okay.
I am optimistic and hopeful, and I have been my whole life. But what if it doesn't turn out to be okay?
I don't want to get too optimistic about this. But deep down, a part of me knows that Helga will make it out of this hospital alive.

We continued watching You for about and hour, laying next to each other.

"I need to go to the toilet Arnold. I'll be back soon." Helga said.

"Alright. I said.

As Helga got up to go to the bathroom installed in her hospital room, I continued to watch more of "You."
About 2 minutes later, I heard the toilet flush. But 10 more minutes passed, and she didn't come out.

"Helga?!" I hollered.
No response. Dead silence.
"Helga?!" I tried again.
There was still no response.

I carefully walk into the bathroom and find Helga laying down face first and unconscious on the floor. She had collapsed and fainted, it seemed like. And I noticed that she had bruises on her arm.

No, no, no. Okay, don't assume the worst. I thought.
I nervously checked her pulse. Oh thank god. I felt a pulse. It was weak, but it was still there.

I rushed to the counter, picked up the phone, and called the nurse immediately.

I couldn't wrap my head around what had happened. She was stable one minute and then she suddenly collapsed and fainted out of nowhere.

I didn't understand why.

Was it because she got up? I don't think it was. She was ill, but she wasn't bedridden. She got out of her bed to use the bathroom and whatnot all the time, and nothing bad happened. She was perfectly capable of getting up for a few minutes.

The nurse rushed in to the room.

"Helga fainted out of nowhere." I said with a very worried look on my face.

I saw Helga's eyes opened, and she looked dazed.

"Where am I? Why am I laying on the floor?" Helga said.

The nurse told me to wait outside the room so she can get a check up on Helga.

A few minutes later, the nurse came to the hall.

"She's doing worse now... her immune system had a bad reaction." The nurse said.

"YOU HAVE TO SAVE HER PLEASE. I'M BEGGING YOU.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SAVE HER." I said.

I don't know what came over me. I wasn't to type to yell and beg like that. I was usually chill, but how the hell could I be chill in this situation?
Helga was supposed to be getting better.

"We're going to perform an emergency surgery on her." The nurse said.

I was hoping that the surgery would be okay. Helga was strong, and the strongest girl I have ever met. I was sure that she'd get through it, but a part of me had doubts.

Please be okay my love.
Doctors, please save her.

I had to get out of the room while Helga got her surgery, so I went to go see Gerald.

As I headed out I saw three certain people in the waiting room.
I bet you know who...
Bob, Miriam, and Olga.

[A/N: disclaimer: I don't know if every symptom I described is accurate, and I don't know if this situation is completely accurate either. Her collapsing in the bathroom is just what happened in my dream, that's why it happened here. I am not a professional.]