"Yo, this a nice place you got." I said looking around. "Must work all day everyday, huh?"

He glared at me and I just stopped trying with this nigga. He was so fucking hard to talk to. To be honest he was making me so mad but I had to calm myself down. I hate when people be ignorant for no reason.

"Man fuck it. Listen Kiana and I are about to get married and you don't know how much it means to her if you was there. She needs you, your the only real family she had besides me and my daughter." I said making him sit up.

He shrugged, "Nah, she don't need me son. She got you and yo babygirl right? I'm good. I grew up without her and I'm gonna die without her."

"What you mean?" I asked confused as hell. What he mean he grew up without her?

"Nun man." He chuckled, "Look, I appreciate how you came over here to get me to agree to y'all lil ass engagement or whatever. But, my answer remains the same because don't nobody care about me so why should I give a fuck about them?"

"Dude she does care. She cried so hard yesterday and it broke my damn heart. Y'all sibling son, why can't yall just get along?" I asked seriously.

I looked at his hands noticing how shaky they were. Was he mad or what? I didn't say anything to offend him, or so I thought. He started coughing hard and that's when I noticed his hands. They were like a blue color, like he was going pale.

"Yo, you good?" I asked as he continued coughing harder then ever. He gave me a slight nod, and before I could say anything else he coughed up some blood. I jumped up in shock grabbing the tissues off the coffee table. He took them from me and held it to his mouth.

My heart raced fast as hell as I thought of the unexpected. I shook my head in shame as I took another seat. I put my head down and just exhaled deeply. I looked back up at him to see him looking off with teary eyes.

"What's going on?" I sighed, "Be honest man."

He placed his hands over his face bursting out crying. I got up and walked over to him slowly. I placed my hand on his shoulder before slowly pulling him into a hug. He hugged me back and I patted his back. After about three minutes, he fixed his face and I let him go.

"Don't tell Kiana." He sniffled, "I was diagnosed with lung cancer two months ago. It's getting worse, and they already predicted--"

He paused for a moment and I felt a tear roll down my face. I swallowed hard and sat quietly listening to him explain.

"They predicted that I might not last for another two months." He said as he shook his head to the ceiling. "I know I'm not a good person, but I'm not a bad either. I don't know what I did to deserve this."

He began crying again and I shook my head feeling the tears cascade. I grabbed some tissue and wiped my face, watching as he dried his eyes.

"If I give you my sister Draco. You have to promise me you'll take care of her. Look out for her, make sure finishes school. Make sure she becomes successful in life so that she can live comfortably." He said looking me dead in the eyes.

I nodded, "I promise. But don't talk like that man. You gon make it, and you gotta tell Kiana."

"I will, just not now." He sighed and looked off once again.

"Thanks for your blessing, and I hope and pray you get better. I know we don't have the best relationship but I wanna help you out alright?" I said making him nod.

"Preciate it." He stood up giving me dap. I nodded my head and grabbed my car keys. I quickly left the house and closed the door. I hopped in the car and started it up.

Kiana Brown
Home.

I finished up washing dishes when I heard the lock on my front door. I cut the water off and dried my hands. I exited the kitchen to see Dra'Quan closing the door. I placed a smile on my face and walked up to him.

"Hi baby." I pecked his cheek.

He stayed quiet, shaking his head slowly. I stepped back a bit, just to get pulled into a tight ass hug. He pulled us down on the ground and that's when I realized he was crying. My heart raced as I hugged him back.

"What's wrong?"

"I love you." He cried, "If nobody was here to look after you, trust me I got you. If ain't able to depend on anybody else just know I'm here. I promise I got you."

I teared up, "Why are you crying? I wanna know."

He just held onto me and I leaned my head against his chest. I didn't know what he was talking about and where this came from, but I was scared now.

"I went and talked to your brother Kiana." He sniffled, "He gave me his blessing to marry you."

I smiled, "He did? Is that why you were crying?"

He shook his head, "No, just do me a favor and call him. Just call him and tell him how much you love him and how much you appreciate him, okay?"

I nodded slowly, "Okay."

We sat on the floor in silence after that. I bit down on my bottom lip and sighed. My stomach was doing backflips right now. What was he talking about? He need to open up and let me know so I can face reality right now.

Whatever it is, it can't be that bad right?