Chapter Forty Nine

Start from the beginning

"Tara might be stupid but she's brilliant and quite brainy"

"Now that I look at it. We only meet Hicol Lag at three competitions"

"Huh?"

"Cowbellpedia, Volleyball game and the National Mathematics Completion which starts in two days"

"How will they cope? Nath and Semiloore will have to travel to Lagos for the south west competition whereby only three schools can be chosen"

"Jerry and Joshua are going to take care of that. Infact everyone. The NMC allows schools to form a team of six students"

"We are all welcoming..... "

"Shit! We are late" Deji said as he sprinted off.

Tamiloore didn't even bother to smile at the guy in front of her as she collected the mic. She had being really by impressed by the guy's speech. It was both informative and convincing; however he did not capture the attention of his listeners.

Only those who listened would know he was brilliant at that but then what he failed to have he had.

"An American business mogul David Rockfeller once said "Success in business requires training and discipline and hard work. But if you are not frightened by these things,the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were"

Just as she started,she noticing everyone listening. She continued as she walked on the podium sometimes describing with her hands as if explaining things to her students.

By the time she dropped the mic,everyone was on their feet and were giving her a standing ovation.
The opposing school had a look of disbelief on their faces.

"We'll take a break of ten minutes then we'll be back for the next round"

"Cmon Odun" Tamiloore said as they stood up to take a break. The opposing school blocked their way immediately and Tamiloore chuckled.

"Who are you guys? Where's Akin and the rest?"

Tamiloore shrugged "They retired"

"What do you mean by they retired? They don't even have exams"

"What does retire mean Odun?"

"According to the Oxford Learners Dictionary,retire means to leave your job or stop working especially when you have reached a particular age. Also it means to go to bed. It also means to leave the court room to decide the verdict of a trial"

"Let's go with the first one. I don't know if you quite understood that. Permit me to explain. You won't be seeing Snr Akin and the rest anymore. We've replaced them"

The boy chuckled "Because you think you are better than them? Akin is one of the best?"

Tamiloore smiled at him "Of course but am better"

"Excuse me? Better?"

"I am not a fan of arguing. Some moments ago you finished your part and people clapped for you. Nice speech, good sense of time and whatever but when I finished; you needed to see the expression on your face. Like you were rejected by your crush"
Everyone burst into laughter as the boy's face turned green.

"You don't know who you are messing with?" He snarled.

"Snr James,I don't think you understand the situation here. You seem familiar with Snr Akin and the rest. You know their temperament and all that and Snr Tamiloore" Odunayo said as she scoffed "I don't think you can deal with it. You'll die from anger"

This time Tamiloore laughed taking James by surprise. He blinked his eyes constantly before walking away.

"Odun take five" one of the guys said as the both of them high fived each other.