Chapter Sixty-Seven - The Panty Plot

Start from the beginning

"Maybe another uniform?" Peter suggested then winced when three sets of eyes turned to him. "Or--or not."

"No, that's brilliant!" James exclaimed, punching Peter's arm. "Change the colors to Slytherin. That means it'll need to be Siri or Pete."

"Why us?" Sirius asked.

"Because there's not many glasses-wearing Indian boys in Slytherin?" James asked as he spun his hands near his glasses, raising his eyebrows rather loftily. "Nor are there many tiny little sickly boys?"

"Oi!" Remus complained as James flourished his hands in his direction.

James pulled a face. "Sorry, but it's true." Remus folded his arms, unable to argue.

Sirius and Peter exchanged glances. "Me, then," Sirius said and Pete let out a sigh of relief. "Ugh, I don't want to wear Slytherin colors. But I'd rather a Slytherin get blamed than anyone else."

James pat Sirius's back. "A true sacrifice. We salute you."

Sirius gave a theatrical sniff. "Remember me. Always."

"You'll just be wearing a Slytherin uniform, you won't be dying!" Remus grumbled.

"Wearing Slytherin colors? Might as well be me dead," Sirius retorted, giving Remus a playful shove. Remus considered giving a push back then changed his mind, not wanting to risk hurting him nor did he particularly want to touch him. While he had casually elbowed Sirius earlier, it had been an automatic response; when he thought about doing something like that it made him a little queasy still. Sometimes.

"All right so Monday? After we have Defense we just go to her rooms?" James asked and everyone nodded in agreement. "We three can keep a lookout. Remy, can you change the uniform color?"

Remus rubbed the back of his, remembering the failure just that day of changing his pajama top. "I can try. I can work on a tie tomorrow and at the least you can go in without the jumper, just the tie." He figured he'd be able to change a tie with some time, not panicked between classes.

"I'd say sounds good to me but wearing green and silver doesn't sound good at all."

"Do you always have to be so dramatic?"

Sirius smiled broadly and answered with a simple, "Yes." Remus rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Cool so, Operation Panty Plot is a go."

"Panty plot?!" James screeched.

"EWWWW!" Peter moaned. "Seriously, the idea of actually... stealing a teacher's underwear is just... ew."

"At least Sirius will be the only one touching them," Remus said, shuddering at the idea of--of handling such a thing. Definitely ew. He was very glad it wasn't him going in.

"Wh--what?" Sirius paled a little, realizing what going into her rooms actually meant. "Gross!!! Can I wear gloves? I'm wearing gloves."

"You're gonna go through her underwear drawer!" snickered James. "Touching all of them!" Sirius began staggering around, gagging. "ALL her underwear! Find us a good pair."

"What's a good pair of underwear?" Peter asked, scratching his head.

"I dunno, girls probably have frilly undies," James replied, wriggling his fingers in the air to probably indicate the frills.

Pete crinkled his nose. "Wouldn't that itch?"

"Sounds like it would," Remus agreed. His mother had some lacy doilies sitting out on some of the tables at home and they all seemed a bit scratchy. Did girls wear things like that? Was James just taking the mickey? "I really haven't the faintest what sort of--undergarments women wear."