~Klaus~

When I opened my eyes I was half expecting to be in level ten pain, because I was not dead, except this is what my afterlife looks like.

And it's pretty shitty.

I'm tired. And thirsty and hungry.

My reflection in the mirror looked as pale as death itself, I'm sure this is what I'm supposed to look like, having lost a lot of blood.

I think.

Ironic how I bleed faster than my fickle heart can pump the blood. Almost like my body is programmed on auto-pilot to kill me.

I needed to go to the cafeteria and eat. All I see here are IV drips, bags of blood, and lots of sick energy.

"You'd fall if you keep going on like that," A very familiar voice said to me. A particularly annoying familiar voice.

Zagan's hands were folded, and his frame leaned against the wall, I wondered how I missed him when I got up.

He had an unreadable expression.

"What are you doing here?" My voice sounded hoax and horrible. Maybe because I haven't spoken in a while.

My throat hurt and burned.

"Oh just came to check on my roommate that got staked nothing else," He said with an amused voice, almost like he was mocking me.

"Oh" Is staked slang for getting stabbed? My throat still hurt as I reached out for the cup of water covered with a coaster on the side of my bed.

"Yeah, you don't look so good, are you feeling hungry?" He had an annoying smirk on his face. But I did feel a bit hungry.

Zagan walked past me and grabbed one of the blood bags sitting on the tray behind me, "here"

"I don't think I need a blood transfusion right now" I walked past him. He scoffed. "Moreover I don't think you're qualified to give one.

"Trying to fight it would only make it worse Klaus," He said. I paused. I think this is the first time I've ever heard him say my name. Not Morgan, just Klaus.

"Fight what?!" I took a long sip of water.

"Your transition," He said making slow strides towards me.

What the hell is talking about?

"What?" my hoax voice sounded a little clearer.

"You're not feeling a little peckish?"

"I feel like I just lost a ton of blood and I'm sicker than before, I'm tired, hungry and I need some sleep..." I groaned sitting on the bed.

He's quiet for a bit then he pops the tip of the blood bag still looking at me.

His brow lifted slightly.

"What are you doing?" I asked before he pushed me on the bed waving the open blood bag under my nose.

"Nothing?" he asked but I was too preoccupied with the sudden way his eyes had dilated and changed pigment.

The small black and red veins that started propping under his eyes made him look even less human.
I must be extremely tired to not freak out or fight.

Not that I have any fighting chance, he's practically towering over me with his arm crossed over my chest, I can't move.

He suddenly backs up.

"I must be mistaken then," he said and looked away from me.

"What is wrong with your face?" I asked and he freezes on the spot, like a statue.

"If you're human what the f*Ck are you doing here?"He asked giving me a side eye as he searched for the tip of the blood bag he'd tossed earlier.

Is he on crack? What was he going on about?

"Listen, I don't know if maybe I'll hallucinating you right now but you're saying a whole lot of bullshit and my head hurts like crazy"

"You should be scared of me right now Morgan I've taken real blood, unlike the animal blood the Dean has been feeding us..." he said in annoyance putting the lid back on the bag and tossing it back where he found it.

"....all my senses are more heightened than they've ever been"

"Is this school some kind of a Satanist school?" I asked feeling drowsy.

He scoffed. I've only ever gotten two expressions from this guy which are HATE or DISGUST.

"Something like that" he walked back to me, his eyes looked normal now, and he looked straight into my eyes "You never saw me here, all you're going to do is sleep, and when you wake up you'd feel better" he said and looked at my hair, he brushed it softly.

"Okay," I whispered. He seemed pleased with my answer, before walking off and out of the room.

I only said okay to make him leave me alone, which worked as he must have thought he had some sort of strong power of persuasion.

As soon as he leaves, I sit up and search around for my stuff, nowhere to be found.

The door opens slowly, Ezra walks in with his eyes on his phone, he doesn't have a pleasant expression on his face.
His eyes traced the room and then back at me.

"You are awake?" He asks, pushing his phone into his pocket and closing the door

"Yeah....?"

"How do you feel?" He asked moving in the direction of the bed, "Like death" I licked my dry lips, maybe I needed another drink of water.

"Uh huh..." his voice trailed off, he opened the small locker I just noticed on the side of the window, he squatted and looked under the bed.

"What are you looking for?" I asked him and he looked worriedly at me "Whose blood is that?" He pointed at my shirt.

"I didn't even notice it got on my shirt" I mumbled to myself pulling the shirt a bit to have a better look, suddenly he's in front of me, he holds my shoulders so we are facing each other "Whose blood is that?"

"It's from a blood bag," I said brushing off me, ruffling through my sheets still looking for my stuff. Ezra looked terrified.

"Why were you with a blood bag?"

"I wasn't, that freak Zagan came in here acting all weird like he wanted to sell my soul or something"

"I should have known it was that Wester" Ezra groaned and rubbed his hand over his face angrily.

"H-how do you feel now....any better?" he asked suddenly scanning my face and body.

"I'm hungry"

"I'll get something from the dining hall for you, so don't move"

"Okay," I said as soon as he left I bolted out of the room.

****************
Sayonara...