Chapter Forty Seven.

Start from the beginning

"This section is much different from the first one. This time your marks depend on how many questions you can answer in 30 seconds. With the rules still standing I wish you the best of luck"

The section started and Nathaniel stared at Semiloore ran her fingers on the tab in front of her. Her face was full of confidence as her eyes twitched.

Obviously she was calculating and time was up. Everyone had their jaws open when the large screen showed the scores.

Semiloore name was number one answering 48 questions,the next person had answered 21 questions. Even the judges seemed impressed.

"Whoa! Model Secondary school has never seemed to amaze us. Miss Semiloore Ajayi, your fingers are very fast"

Semiloore chuckled as she moved her mouth closer to the microphone, "I'll like to make some corrections sir. I am not a student of Model Secondary School but a student of Oxford International College. And thank you"

"You are not from MSS?"

"Yes. Whoa! Seems like OIC prepared for this year. Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Please have your seat as the schools who have passed the two sections will be moving unto the next round.

Semiloore walked to her seat under everyone's gaze. She snuggled up to Nath.

"Did I do great?"

"Yes,you did" Nath replied nodding his head.

Soon the schools that had passed were posted. Only 20 schools remained on the list. Nathaniel gushed "This elimination method is mad"

"Of course" Semiloore replied with a short laugh.

"The next round is in twos,and ten schools will be shortlisted"

"Okay"

"We'll have to come back for the final round tomorrow were three schools will be picked"

"Three?"

"Three"

"Its going to be tough" Nathaniel breathed.

"I trust you" Semiloore replied.

Nathaniel looked at her in an odd way,"What do you mean by you trust me?"

"You'll be the one to represent us tomorrow"

"Huh? No way. You'll do better than me"

"You studied hard for this and I do know that you'll do fine"

"You are thinking too highly of me"

Semiloore pecked him as she dragged him up and walked to the spaces as the next round was about to stand.

"Now that I think of it, we didn't prepare for the junior section"

"Ohh"

"There's still time anyways, the junior section comes after the senior championship"

"Who would you choose?"

"Give me suggestions"

Nathaniel shrugged "There's actually a girl in JSS3 and she's very much like you"

"Like me?"

"Amadi Chidima is a mini terrorist"

Semiloore laughed slightly "She scares the shit out of her mates. She's also very smart too"

Semiloore smiled "I like her already. Is she pretty?"

"I already said she's a mini version of you"

Semiloore covered her mouth as she burst into laughter. Nathaniel didn't seem as nervous as the time he stood in front of this implanted tab. With Semiloore standing just beside him.

He looked confident as they threw questions at them. Semiloore allowed him to answer most  and whenever she discovered he was taking much time, she'll just ship in the answer.

A huge smile crossed his face as the screen showed Oxford has the leading school. Model was right behind them but the gap was significant that even the recorder had to mention it.

"Seems like OIC has nurtured their students this time around and are ready for this battle"

The screen showed Nath and Semiloore's face. While Nath showed a blank face, Semiloore excluded a bored aura.

"I wish you all best of luck, see you tomorrow"
The students dispersed quickly as Nath and Semiloore walked up to Mr Williams.

The man had tears in his eyes. He didn't even looked the least embarrassed as the pulled the two into a hug. He subconsciously rubbed their heads as he pulled them along.

"Rolake and Deji are done, they should be here soon"

"Okay"

The bus pulled into the venue as soon as they stepped out. Rolake sprinted out of the bus as she ran and pulled Semiloore into a hug.

"We made it" Rolake said and Semiloore's eyes brightened.

"We missed a few questions but we were number four on the list" Deji mumbled.

"Whoa!"

"All thanks to you"

"What about you guys?"

Semiloore smiled smugly at Nathaniel "He was awesome"

"I'm so happy"

Two students were the same uniform walked up to them.

"Hi, my name is Sharon and he's Felix" the girl said and Semiloore nodded at her.

"Your hands were pretty fast back then. I was pretty flabbergasted when I discovered you answered 48 questions and didn't miss one. In 30 seconds. That's amazing"

Surprise flashed in Rolake's and Deji's eyes before Rolake stared at her with admiration in her eyes.

Semiloore gave her a rueful smile "Thank you Sharon"

"Unfortunately I won't be seeing you tomorrow. I wish you best of luck" she said with a smile.

Felix also offered a smile "Can I get your contact?"

Rolake stretched a paper and pen to Semiloore as she scribbled her number on it and stretched it to him.

Felix chuckled lightly as he collected it.
"You are pretty" he said.

Semiloore clutched unto Nath's arm immediately.
"Hehe,Babe am I really pretty?" She asked and Nath laughed slightly before pushing her head slightly.

Felix's face turned green as Deji burst into laughter. Her way of turning people down was really effective.