Chapter Forty Five.

Start from the beginning

Semiloore opened her eyes slowly. She had asked everyone to take a break and rest and almost everyone had slept.

She turned her head and discovered her head was on Nathaniel's lap. He was still scribbling on his book and noticed her movement immediately.

"Awake?"

"You didn't take a break?"

"I need to know how this works and I have little time"

"Still don't over work yourself"

"I'm not. Just testing my boundaries and it seems like I've been slacking off. I haven't reached my boundaries yet"

Semiloore shook her head as she stared at the sprawled bodies on the floor. At least Deji had acted like his pompous self and climbed onto the long sofa to sleep.

Tara was sleeping peacefully on the floor using the chair cushion as pillow. Joshua too was sleeping his hands covering his eyes and Semiloore stopped before laughing.

"Whoa!"

"What?"

Jerry had lied on his back also using a chair cushion as pillow and Rolake beside him except that her head was on his chest and Jerry had an arm around her.

Nathaniel had his own fit of laughter as Semiloore brought out her phone and took a few pictures before giggling.

"How long have we slept?"

"Close to an hour"

"Not long"

"Hmm"

"You should rest Nathan"

Nath smiled at her "I will"

"When?"

"Soon"

"Soon can't be determined. It might mean right now or tomorrow or even next year. So tell me how soon is your soon?"

Nath laughed as his laughter ringed in her ears "How soon is my soon?"

"Exactly"

"How soon do you want it to be?" He asked pulling Semiloore unto his laps.

"Right now"

"Okay"

Joshua was the one who stood up first. He yawned as he glanced at Semiloore who was already reading.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Almost 40 minutes"

"Mehn! Why didn't you wake anybody up?"

"You guys are working harder than usual,you needed the rest"

"I see"

"Don't wake anyone else up, just continue reading and let them wake up themselves"

"Okay" Joshua burst into laughter when he saw Jerry and Rolake.

"Oh my god! Jerry gonna freak out when he wakes up"

"Seems like he's enjoying his sleep to me"

"Rolake who is scared wits of him will prolly pass out when she wakes up"

Semiloore laughed "Stop freaking out and start reading"

Tara and Deji almost woke up at the same time too.

"Jeez... I feel refreshed"

Tara yawned and immediately sat down to get to her work. She glanced beside her and gave a weird look. Deji saw the position Jerry and Rolake were and burst into laughter.

"This is the biggest irony of this month"

"Today is 30th sha"

"Basically, Christmas starts tomorrow"

"Don't tell me you want to start whining your parents for Christmas clothes and shoes"

"Why not?"

"Because you aren't a five year old".

They all burst into laughter.

"And why is Jerry and Rolake sleeping like this?"

Semiloore laughed "Now that am looking at them closely, they look really cute"

"Cute ni kini? Jerry and Rolake aren't anything close to cute. Jerry is like ice king and Rolake is like parrot queen. How could them be cute?"

They roared with laughter at Deji's explanation.
"Rolake isn't parrot queen anymore. She's more or less than a shy queen and yes she still has the parrot queen features"

They laughed again

"But do you know that the weirdest combinations are the cutest?"

"Eh?"

"Imagine icy Jerry talking to Rolake is a sweet low tone huh? Doesn't it look cute in your imagination?"

"Unfortunately,It does"

"Told ya"

"Let's see who opens their eyes first and see his or her reaction"

"I bet Jerry is going to push her away if he's the first"

"I bet Rolake is gonna yell if she wakes us first"

"I bet Jerry is going to jerk her awake and yell at her"

"I bet Rolake who want to die"

Semiloore glanced at all of them.

"You aren't betting?"

"I bet.......they would both do something unexpected"

"Huh?"

"Get ready to lose your 1k" Deji said with a grin as he dropped his  money and also others. as Semiloore stared at the figures sleeping peacefully, she smiled slightly.

She didn't know what either what do but what she did know is Jerry was never going to push her away and Rolake? She probably would crawl away and want to hide herself underground.

Jerry was the one who woke up first. He opened his eye and stared at the room. Everyone turned to him almost immediately but he barely noticed their curious gazes.

He then turned to the sleeping figure with her head on his chest. She hadn't packed her hair, so it was sprawled on his chest. Noticing that he had an arm round her; he laughed slightly.

How badly had he wanted to hold her that he was holding her in his dreams.

Dreams are very crazy.

"Jeez, I don't enjoy weird dreams" he murmured but loud enough for others to hear. He closed his eyes and opened it again and when he found out their position, his eyes widened.

As he tried standing up and as he realized that standing up would wake her up;he removed the chair cushion from his head and lay it beside him. He slowly shifted her and put her head on the cushion.

He unconsciously removed her hair from her eyes and tried to stand up before meeting the surprised gazes of others. He groaned and frowned immediately.

"What is it?" He asked and Deji's jaw dropped in shock.