Chapter Twenty-Nine: Leaving?

Start from the beginning

            “He’s not like that!”

            “How do you know?” Mom shot back. “He lied to us once – who says he’s not going to do it anymore?”

            I kept quiet. There’s a possibility Mom could be right. Garret could easily lie to us. He did it once and no one suspected a thing. But I knew deep inside that he already changed his ways. It would take some time to persuade Mom about this.

            “Fine. I’m breaking up with him.”

            Mom breathed a sigh of relief. “Great.”

            “But after Xayranne and Flynn’s wedding. I’ll make it proper… It’s going to be hard.”

            Mom nodded. “Fine.” She stood up from her chair and kissed my forehead. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

            “Okay. And oh, by the way, can I go to Chicago later? I’m going to say goodbye to Gwyneth and all of my other human friends,” I explained. “I’m not allowed to see them ever again, right?”

            Mom sighed and smiled in understanding. “Of course, of course. You’re not allowed to see them again. This is the time to say goodbye. Ask for Flynn to drive you there.”

            I nodded. “Okay. Thank you.”

            She smiled at me one last time. “Anything for you, princess.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

“You’re Majesty.” Flynn bowed.

            I stared at him with disbelief. “What? Why the hell are you bowing?”

            He stood up straighter and grinned crookedly. “Well, you’re the princess, aren’t you? I’m supposed to do that.”

            I flushed in embarrassment. “Don’t. It’s embarrassing.”

            “It’s a sign of respect.”

            I rolled my eyes. “I’m not used to this at all.”

            Flynn smiled sympathetically. “Well, that’s all right. You’re going to get used to it someday.”

            “Come on. I don’t want to be late,” I said and hopped in Flynn’s Lamborghini.