Chapter Seven: Meet the Vampire Parents

Flynn and Garret stared at me as I walked down the stairs. My heart was fluttering nervously the whole time and when I glanced at Garret, I can’t help blushing. He looks handsome in his apple green button-down shirt and black slacks. Flynn was also handsome with his dark blue outfit that matches Xayranne, but he can’t be compared to Garret. No offense.

            It turned out the Flynn and Garret’s parents were the type of people to throw dinners formally. Even though the only people that will come are Flynn, Garret, Xayranne, Roxanne and me, we were expected to dress formally.

            I borrowed Xayranne’s purple strapless sweetheart ball gown. The very first time I’ve seen it on her closet; I immediately fell in love with it and made up my mind in a heartbeat that this is what I’ll wear. In the waist, there are flower details and a black fabric overlaid the dress—which makes it looks elegant. Plus, I love the color and it adds the mysterious feeling to the dress. I’m not really good in describing dresses—I’m not that kind of girl who knows everything about dresses—so I was really surprised when I can describe this dress. Huh, must be a lucky dress.  

            Roxanne was wearing an ivory knee-length evening dress while Xayranne was wearing a long elegant dark blue gown. They looked very, very beautiful but the boys’ eyes were on me and not to them. The attention makes me kind of self-conscious and nervous. I’m never the center of attention.

            As I stepped on the last step of the stairs, I breathed a sigh of relief. The three-inch Michael Antonio patent high heels were killing me. I don’t usually wear these kinds of shoes—mostly I’m okay with my Converse shoes but apparently, you can’t wear Converse in this dinner. Stupid dress code.

            I turned around so I can watch Xayranne and Roxanne go down the stairs. I got to admit, they look confident, perfect and elegant. It seems like they are used to this—they got a lot of years getting used to it. But I can’t help feeling jealous of how Roxanne looks like.

            Her smile was perfect and she was walking elegantly and confidently. Somehow, she made her ivory evening dress worth a million dollars. She wore slight make up but she doesn’t need it. She still looks beautiful without it.

            I glanced back at the boys and realized that they weren’t looking at them, but they were looking at me. I frowned. “Why the hell are you staring? I’m not walking down the stairs anymore!”

            Flynn swallowed. “Mel—Melanie, is that you?”

            I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, it’s me! Who am I should be? Taylor Swift?” (A/N: Hahaha, catch the joke there. Taylor Swift plays the part of Melanie Meyer so… yeah. XD Hahaha.)

            “But—but…”

            “Forgive him,” Xayranne suddenly said and laughed at Flynn’s expression. She put a hand on his arm and immediately, Flynn looked down at her, a smile on his lips. Xayranne playfully pouted at him. “Found someone else?”

            “Never in a million years,” he replied huskily and leaned down to kiss her.

            When their kiss turned into an intense one, Garret cleared his throat and the both of them broke apart, their faces pink with embarrassment. “Let’s have this PG, okay? Some people are watching. Not to mention, your siblings.”

            Roxanne giggled. “He’s right.”

            Flynn and Xayranne chuckled and walked to the front door, holding hands. We’re using Flynn’s Lamborghini to go over to their house. They said it’s not that far—their parents don’t live that far from their house—but they don’t want the girls walking with their high heels. And may I say it again? Stupid dress code.