2. A Brand New Feeling

Start from the beginning

Sunset looked over at Fluttershy, and noticed her hiding behind her tambourine, blushing majorly.

"How bad were they?" Rarity asked. "I hope there weren't too many bruises."

"Um... quite a few actually," Fluttershy said, smiling and holding her hair. "His nose was also bleeding a bit, and he had some bruises on his... um... his face. But nothing too bad."

"Uh, Fluttershy?" Applejack asked. "Why are you smiling talking about his injuries?"

"Hmm?" Fluttershy asked, before gasping. "Oh! Um... I-I wasn't smiling about his injuries! No, it was because... um... w-well... b-because... he... um..." She could feel her heart beating faster and her face reddening by the second.

"Fluttershy, maybe now would be a good time to ask..." Sunset said. "What was going on with you and Coppermane when you were checking on him?"

"What?" Fluttershy asked. "Wh-What do you mean?"

"Oooh! Did something happen?!" PInkie asked.

"Maybe," Sunset said, smirking. "All I know is that when I was done collecting Coppermane's things, I saw him and Fluttershy just staring into each other's eyes."

Rainbow chuckled. "Oh, really?"

Fluttershy whimpered, hiding her bright red face behind her tambourine. "I-I was just examining his eye. I-It looked like it might blacken."

"I believe you, sugarcube," Applejack said. "But I think there's more going on here."

Fluttershy just shrunk behind her instrument more.

"Oh my gosh!" PInkie cheered. "Fluttershy has a crush!"

"What? N-No I don't!" Fluttershy cried.

"Darling, you're blushing so much," Rarity said, giggling. Fluttershy whimpered, hiding behind her long hair. Even as embarrassed as she felt, she couldn't stop herself from smiling just a little bit.

"I-It's not my fault that he has such big brown eyes..." Fluttershy cooed, blushing majorly.

Pinkie suddenly squealed at the top of her lungs, rushing over to give Fluttershy a big hug.

"EEE!!! This is so exciting!!!" Pinkie cheered, hopping energetically.

"Oh, don't be embarrassed, Fluttershy," Rarity said. "Pinkie's right. This is exciting!"

"It was the cutest thing ever when you were checking on him. You were blushing so much," Sunset said, walking over to Fluttershy and putting her hand on her shoulder. "I think you examined him just to get close to him."

"Fluttershy's pulling some moves, eh?" Rainbow said, smirking.

"Quite the smooth operator, aren't ya?" Applejack remarked.

"It's not like that! I-I was making sure he was okay," Fluttershy said, playing with her hair. "He looked so hurt. He reminded me of some of the puppies at the shelter. I just wanted to give him a big hug and... hold him close... tell him everything was going to be okay..." Fluttershy stopped when she noticed how big everyone was smiling at her. "Um... th-that's why."

Rarity giggled. "That is the cutest thing I've ever heard!"

"You were really close to him, Fluttershy," Sunset said. "You probably could've kissed him if you wanted to."

"OooOOOooh!" Pinkie cried.

Fluttershy couldn't help but squeak, covering her hands over mouth. That thought alone made her heart skip a beat.