2. A Brand New Feeling

"There you are!" Rainbow said as Sunset and Fluttershy walked into the room. Everyone was set up with their respective instruments, looking bored, as if they'd been waiting for a while.

"Where've y'all been?" Applejack asked. "Lose some of your posters or somethin'?"

Sunset shook her head, retrieving her guitar case from a nearby shelf. "Sorry, everyone. Someone got jumped in the hallway and we stepped in to help."

"Really? Oh dear," Rarity cooed. "Who was it?"

"The new guy who came from Crystal Prep," Sunset said, taking her guitar out and starting to tune it. "I showed him around school on Monday."

"Ooh, I know who he is! What was his name? It's on the tip of my tongue!" Pinkie said, thinking hard.

"Oh, his name is Coppermane," Fluttershy said, feeling her cheeks heat up slightly.

"That's right! Coppermane! I said hi to him on Monday," PInkie said. "He was really nice, but super-duper quiet. Like Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy blushed, holding her tambourine close.

"Coppermane?" Rarity asked. "That name sounds familiar. Didn't we get a new student in our chemistry class, Sunset?"

"Yep! That's him!" Sunset said. "You're in there too, Fluttershy. Remember the new guy we got?"

"Oh, that's right," Fluttershy said, blushing more. "I-I guess I forgot."

"He did seem rather quiet when he was introduced," Rarity said.

"Huh... well I've never heard of him," Applejack said. "He must be real quiet then."

"Yeah. I haven't heard of him either," Rainbow said. "I remember Sunset saying something about a new student, but I've never heard of the name Coppermane."

"Really, Rainbow?" Sunset asked. "Are you sure none of the jocks have said anything about him?"

"Huh?" Rainbow asked. "Um... no? Why would they?"

"Well, because that's who was beating Coppermane up a second ago," Sunset said.

"Wait, what?!" Rainbow beckoned. "One of my players?"

"Yeah," Fluttershy said. "We found him crying in the corner of the hallway afterwards. The poor thing had so many cuts and bruises..."

"Argh! How did I not know about this?!" Rainbow cried. "Do you know who it was who jumped him?"

"I'm not sure," Sunset said. "I don't know them by name."

"Me neither," Fluttershy said.

"Shoot..." Rainbow said. "What the heck is their problem with him? Did he do something to piss them off? I've never even heard the name until now."

"Well, according to Coppermane himself, it's because they found out he's from Crystal Prep," Sunset said. "He said it's been happening all week. His first week, too. Poor guy."

Rainbow sighed. "Just because of school rivalry, huh? Not cool. Don't worry, I'll be sure to tell them all that bullying won't be tolerated on my watch."

"Thanks, Rainbow," Sunset said.

"So, did y'all get him to the nurse's office or somethin'?" Applejack asked. "Sounds like he was hurt pretty bad."

"Indeed," Rarity said. "I've never heard of anything like that happening at CHS."

"Thankfully, it wasn't that bad," Sunset said. "I helped him gather his things since they were scattered everywhere. I guess whoever jumped him knocked everything out of his hands. Fluttershy checked on his injuries."