Prologue

Stories tend to be told like they were made for the people in them. It's our job to understand a simple thing: that's not how life works. The world is much more complicated, it's years of history piled into little actions that collide in one end, people are born so others can change the world, this is why we can't live without the other.

This story is about a girl with remarkable power, a baby that grew for war, and a bond far more stronger than any magic.

And it all started with two kids on a train.

But first, a little bit of background story:

Emily Sultens was the daughter of a Magizoologist and an Auror, both in their late forties when they had her, but always loving and caring, they gave her the best of the best. Emily grew up surrounded by all kinds of magical creatures and spooky stories from Dad's work. It was easy to say that Emily couldn't wait to have her own adventure, and when she got the letter from Hogwarts in 1971, she was ready to prove her value.

Matt Dumbledore, on the other hand, was the only son of Aberforth Dumbledore. His mother, a humble witch who lived in a small village, died at the moment of birth. His uncle, the famous Albus Dumbledore found him and took care of him for most of his life, Matt lived in Hogsmeade during his childhood prior Hogwarts with his father, but Aberforth never addressed him as his son for reasons that only him and his brother knew.

Matt grew up in a quiet, dusty home, He inherited his uncle's traits, a clever mind and infinite patience to get the things he so desperately wanted. Matt wouldn't allow anyone to compare him to his family members, he was his own person, and he'd create his own path.

The Daily Prophet watched his every move, being the only heir of a long-lasting family known for their incredible talent, and the rumors surrounding his birth (many believed he was actually Albus' son) Matt grew up with thousands of rules he was ready to break.

On September first, 1971 Matt and Emily met, and after a few years of friendship, they fell in love and had a kid: Mel Dumbledore.

__________________________________

Emily had spent the whole night watching over her daughter, she knew something was wrong when Matt didn't arrive.

When Dumbledore appeared on the doorstep holding Mel... well, she just knew.
She was prepared for it, after all being an Auror, especially on times like this, wasn't easy. What she hadn't expected to hear was that only one survivor had been found: Harry.

Remus came to her as soon as he heard, both with a sense of betrayal since it was no one but their friend Sirius the one who told the Dark Lord where his friends were. She held Mel tight against her chest, the only logical thought being 'She's alive, she's with me' until Dumbledore appeared again the next morning.