three

☾ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ☾

"Biana!" Keefe said to the girl on his Imparter screen. He hadn't talked to Biana in a few days. "How are you? How's the baby?"

"Hi Keefe." Biana said. She looked tired, but she sounded like her normal, happy self. "I'm okay. The baby is due soon. How are you?"

"I'm good. I haven't seen you in person in forever. Do you mind if I stop by later?"

"Not at all! Company is good. It's a bit lonely here."

"Sorry you're lonely. I'll come over soon. Should I bring Tam?"

"Sure! It'll be nice to see you two." Biana said, smiling.

-- ☾

"Hi Tam, hi Keefe. Come in." Biana said.

"How've you been, Biana?" Tam asked, gesturing to Biana's swollen belly.

"I'm okay. It's a little odd thinking about being a mother, especially since I have to do it by myself." She said.

"You know you're not alone in this, though. We're here for you, and I bet you anything Linh and Sophie will be over here 24/7 once the baby is born." Keefe said.

"Yeah, i guess." Biana sighed. "I just... wish my brother was here too."

"We all do." Keefe said. He gave Biana a one-arm hug.

"I know it's hard, Biana." Tam said. "But look, on the bright side there's your baby being born soon, your friends who love and care about you, and I brought Mallowmelt!"

He showed her the container of gooey cake that he had brought. Biana smiled gratefully at him.

"Thanks, guys." She said. "Let's go to the dining room and eat this."

Biana led them to a large room with pale purple walls and an intricately carved table. They were just sitting down to eat when she gasped suddenly.

"What?" Keefe said, alarmed.

"I think my water just broke."