CatCo Cat Fights

The first days at work were the worst (Y/n) had learned that the hard way. On her first day at the Daily Planet, she'd walked into the restrooms and stumbled on Clark Kent and Lois Lane in a very compromising situation.

That had been awkward enough, she hadn't been able to look them in the eyes for a whole week. Which was weird for (Y/n), she was never a prude. She'd even spent a period of time shooting nudes for Odiseo in Barcelona.

The mixture of naked women and photography of old Catalan architecture had paid her bills for six months, but it sure had been fun.

National City was different from Barcelona, National City wasn't as vibrant. Nothing seemed alive in this city, even the people as she passed them on the streets looked like zombies.

Zombies desperately seeking their caffeine shot to spark some life into them, she'd seen those eerily dead eyes before. Long ago, when the blood that runs through her veins was young.

As (Y/n) eased her way through large glass doors of the infamous Catco building, the nerves fully began to kick in.

Had she done the right thing? She had loved working at the Daily Planet. Maybe she had left too soon, and she had let her insecurities get the better of her.

She'd only just stepped into the building when seemingly from nowhere an overly excited blonde bounced up to her, a big bright smile stretched across her face. "Please tell me I have the right person, and you are (Y/n) (L/n)."

(Y/n) lifted a curved eyebrow. "Who is asking?"

The blonde seemed to rattle, pushing her glasses further up her nose as she looked into her cell phone. "I'm supposed to meet a (Y/n) (L/n)."

"Well, that's me." (Y/n) smirked, deciding to put the woman out of her misery.

"Oh, thank goodness, I thought you'd gotten lost or something, I'm Kara Danvers." The woman stuck her hand out and (Y/n) took it reluctantly, she wasn't a fan of shaking the hand of a stranger. You never knew what they had been doing last with those appendages.

"No such luck, I got stuck between two fangirls on the subway fawning over Supergirl." (Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"Is that a bad thing?" Kara asked hiding a secret smirk

"Yes, I was initially reluctant to move to a city where chick in a short skirt paralleled the skies."

Kara's face paled. "You don't like Supergirl?"

"Never good to look up and see someone's panties flashing at you, or worse, the one-eyed monster blinking at you." (Y/n) cringed.

Kara's eyes widened, looking around her for help. "Is that the only reason you don't like her? Cause she has pants now."

(Y/n) shrugged. "Not really, she's just a flying show off, have you seen the golden statue of her? How much ego does that woman have?"

"Oh, err...well...I've met her, actually." Kara fumbled nervously; it was always jarring meeting people who didn't like her.

"I'm so sorry about that." (Y/n) said sympathetically. "How about I buy you a drink tonight to console you of the hardship you went through?" (Y/n) asked flirtatiously, moving a little closer to the sweetly awkward woman. "No one needs that big head around them, it's too much."

"Bighead?" Kara's cheeks flamed red. "Oh, gosh, I...I have to meet my sister."

"Another time then." (Y/n) smiled, her eyes drifting to the buttons that lay open on the woman's blue shirt.

"When you are finished undressing my employees with your eyes."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes as Kara jumped and rushed away, not willing to get caught up in an impending drama and very happy for the excuse to leave.