"Family"

"Papé! Papé! Shouted a little boy. P-PAPÉ!" the little boy ran and ran searching for his father, yelling for him and crying out in the forest.

But the boy wasn't alone out there

suddenly a vicious growl came from behind the small child.

A coyote had heard the boy crying and snuck up on him.

Although a coyote would normal avoid a human, a small child was an easy meal.

"No..." the boy looked at the crazed animal with fear and tears in his eyes.

The animal stared at him with a hungry look in its eyes getting ready to pounce on it's newly found prey.

It suddenly pounced and the boy screamed in fear as he knew his life was over with.

"AHHH!-" Illinois sat up in his bed. His heart pounding in his rib cage.

"Illi?! Illi are you okay?!" Indiana panics as he races into his brothers room.

"I-I had another nightmare... about then..." he whispered.

"Oh illi..." Indiana went over to his once again crying brother and embraced him in a hug.

The state gently hugs him back and eventually pulls away.

*sigh* well i don't see no point n' going back to sleep" the state mumbles rubbing his eyes

"Well it's about 7:00 AM right so you can join me for breakfast if you'd want to, but we need to hurry as dad is having a family reunion with the states and counties today, and I need to help make dinner," Indiana says.

"Sure, I'd like that Illinois said walking out of his room with Indy.

~Time skip brought to you by Geico can save you 50% on car insurance ~

"Su-San are you ready to leave?" Finland shouts from the kitchen.

"Ja hon I'm ready" Sweden replies in a thick accent

"Oh I can't wait to see our grandchildren!" The smaller man says jumping up and down from where he was standing. Though he technically was a grandpa/grandma he had the excitement of a 10 year old on Christmas morning.

Berwald smiles at his husband before motioning over to him that he was heading out to the car.

"Alright then!" Tino replies following the man.

~Somewhere over the rainbow~

"Come on Leilani we have to clean up your room before grandpa and grandma get here" Alfred says to the child.

"But it's soooo boring!" The small personification whines.

"Now Leilani that's not a nice way to act now is it?" Alfred says sternly

The girl pouts and slightly shakes her head.

"What was that? I couldn't quite hear you young lady"

*sigh* it's not very nice at all" she replies

"Well I'm glad we got that figured out" Alfred says to his daughter.

Alfred gets off the floor getting ready to go to kitchen to clean up.

"Oh and remember if you don't clean up your room Santa won't come!"

"But it's not even Christmas yet!" Leilani cries

"Doesn't mean he won't notice your dirty room over the course of the year!" Alfred says leaving the girl's dirty room.

Thankfully that one statement did the trick as when the next time Alfred came to check on Leilani her room was about half as bad as it originally was