Chapter 8: Math + Sleep deprivation = smrt

A/N: ok, my goal for his chapter is at least 800 words. The last one was around 625 or some

(Y/N) P.O.V.

I got home from school and set my bag down at the door. Opening my backpack, I took out my homework and set it on the kitchen table. Deciding that the school lunch wasn't enough to still me over until dinner, I went and got some Cheeze-its™ (not sponsored lol). Taking them to the table, I started on my homework. Since it would take me the most time, I decided to leave math for last and finish all my other assignments first.
'You'd think they wouldn't assign so much right after a break... Sheesh.'

A/N: did you know homework was actually created as punishment for students??? Harsh amirite?

After about a good two hours of homework and two hours of procrastination, I had everything but math finished. Begrudgingly, I picked up the packet that Mr. Ray handed out earlier today, along with a (f/c) mechanical pencil. Looking at the first question, I sighed.

"Okay, so 3 to the power of 6. Well that's..."

I wrote down a way to solve it on the side of the paper, careful to make sure I got it right because apparently you have to 'show your work' on every single math problem out there.

"729"

Just as I was about to write down the answer, my phone rang. The screen read Ink. I picked up the phone.

"Hey Ink, whatcha need?"
I heard a weak "Help." from his end of the line.
Chuckling, I asked,
"Are you okay"
"nO i'M nOt I nEeD hElP, dUdE."
"Bold of you to assume I'm a dude."
Silence from his end...
"J.K. lol"
"Oh darn you, (Y/N)"
"Haha"
This baseless bantering went on for a minute or so until he brought up what he had called me for.
"Anyway," Ink continued, "I'm working on math and I can't even figure out the first problem!"
"Did you pay attention at all in class?"
"*Sigh* Not a lot, no..." He trailed off.
"Well aren't you lucky that I happened to have the mental ability to listen today, my friend." I lectured to him sarcastically.

I guided him through the first few problems, and he ended up catching on enough to be able to finish the last ones on his own. We finished the last question when Ink spoke up.
"Hey thanks for the help, but we should both get to bed now, (Y/N)."
"Yeah, see you tomorrow pal!" I replied, knowing I'd be up until unholy hours of the night reading Wattpad fanfiction.
With that, we hung up and I went through my bedtime routine, if you could call it that.

I ended up falling asleep probably around 2:45am, even though I know full-well I have to get up at 6:00 tomorrow..... Oh well I guess.

A/N: And here we see an author writing at literally 1:59 am on a Sat- no. A Sunday morning. Mood?

~°{The Next Day}°~

Not even three hours after I went to bed, my alarm went off at 5:00 am. You'd think it would only have to be about six considering school doesn't start until 7:30, but I am unfortunately not a morning person and have to snooze my alarm at least three times before I can drag myself out of bed. After I managed scramble to get myself together and catch the bus, I checked my notifications.

~1 new message~

Ink: Good morning!

(Well someone's awfully cheerful) I thought to myself, typing out a reply.

Y/N: Morning dummy

Ink: rude

Y/N: lol
anyway did'ya need anything or were you just saying good morning?

Ink: Yeah, actually. Have you thouh of what you're going to draw for our art project?

Y/N: Eh, i think I'll probably just go with the basic thing and draw a pet or my family. Might do something more representative though, like a hobby or smthn.

Ink: Well someone's putting a lot of consideration into this.

Y/N: It be like that sometimes when you're an overthinker

Ink: Don't I know it

Y/N: RIP us I guess.
Oop, my bus is here, talk to you in class nerd

Ink: ok see ya (also you're the nerd here, Mr/Ms/Mx/Otherwise Overthinker)

~

Sighing, I put away my phone and readied myself for another day of exhaustion and busy-work.

A/N: Whoo. Well, the story by itself was only around 750 words, but I didn't know how to continue this from here so take it I guess. Until next chapter, dearest simps <3