⤷ three

Hospitals were never her scene, for Dianna, this applies

Hospitals were never her scene, for Dianna, this applies. She was barely five when her sister had come to the world, and she came to visit newborn baby, the biggest of smiles on her round face. The little girl waltzed down the long, luminous corridors packed with doctors whispering conversations, running down to an emergency and those patients who were sick but still managed to get into a wheelchair to see and talk to others.

There was this old woman, her skin so close to the bones, and colorless, large bags under her eyes but a sweet smile of someone who lived a long, happy life. Her uncle, who held her hand to guide her to the room her mother was at, pulled her away from the woman who called for her but Dianna thought nothing of it and approached her still.

The woman grabbed her hand, which was connected to the serum, and squeezed it, "you're a beautiful young lady. Oh, you're going to get all the boys..." her cracked voice had suddenly come out as a puff of air, her breath smelt like gelatine mixed with those pills Dianna had to take when she was sick. The old eyes of the sweet grandma stared at her and at nothing at the same time, they were void, lifeless.

Dianna stared back, her innocent mind not understanding what was going on at that moment. Her grip around her hand dropped but she didn't feel the rush of fear until her head dropped back, mouth hanging open and the woman stayed in that position. Her uncle lifted her from the ground, carrying on with their search for the room. Her little, curious brown eyes fell back into the woman's, her empty expression dug into her mind and would stay there forever.

Now, over twenty years later, Robin stormed down similar hallways, her mind altered with worry and fear for her best friend. She had now changed out of her suit and wore the first pair of clothing that she could find laying around her shared apartment. She was sure most of the clothes weren't even hers but from her roommate.

Ha, her roommate. Marge Vasquez was her name and she was not only Robin's roomie but Dianna's sister. One could only imagine how hard it was to re-meet one of her loved ones, pretending that they were total strangers. The first couple of days, she had her mood wrecked, but she soon realized that this was the only way to connect with her long-lost sister.

So, Zach had stepped in and secretly arranged an apartment sale that was perfect for both of them. They were good friends by then and decided to move in together. This gave Marge a great opportunity to start working at the hospital, gain some money, and study medicine altogether.

It had been Marge who called her in, her best friend ever since she moved into the city a year ago. Robin was in the middle of changing clothes when the phone rang and she had to pretend to be surprised by the news. Marge knew nothing about the secret life her friends had, she supported the vigilantes and spoke about them on their dinners together, not knowing that she was boosting their ego.

Marge had grown into a beautiful, smart, independent, and genuine woman. Dianna was proud. And Robin loved to have such an inspiring person in her life. Even if it wasn't the way she would have wanted.