Chapter 13

I didn’t recognise the creature before me. She was spiteful and powerful, more powerful than Ava. “Don’t look at me like that,” she said. I looked at her, she had a sad smile on her face. Her wound was still pouring out, she wasn’t going to last much longer. “I’ll be fine, I just need to get everyone to safety,” I nodded in response, helping Isa to her feet and leading the girls to the canteen.Eli waited for us to get inside the canteen doors before pressing her palms against the doors. She winced in pain and breathed heavily as a thick blue lava spread over the seal of the doors, no-one was getting in or out.

People were scattered about the hall either injured or drugged, some were using their powers to heal or defend the large room. They all looked over at Eli, is fear and amazement. She turned to face them, her front now visible. "Everyone, the facility is not helping us as they say they are. I don't know exactly what they do want but I know it isn't good. They have taken Emmie and Kat, they killed Jessica right in front of me. They have injured many of us but we need to stick together, we need to unite otherwise we're all fucked. I don't care if you have problems with me or anyone else, if you don't like my way then go ahead and walk out there, they'll drug you and do god knows what to you,"  She fell after her speech, the only sound that could be heard was a thud as her limp body smacked into the marbled floor. A healer sprinted over to her and placed her hand over her heart. Eli stirred for a moment then silence fell. The healer stepped back. Tears started to well in my eyes, this wasn't ever a death I had forseen. I let my head droop.