Chapter 7

Emmie rushed forward first, once the wall dropped. “Eli!” She shouted, I turned to face her and her jaw dropped. The bruises from Jessica’s attack were starting to form, I knew they’d stick out against my beautiful burns. “Ava?” Emmie questioned when she look at my eyes. My head bobbed in response. “Is Eli okay?” She asked, Leon joined her.  I ignored her question an offered Jessica hand up but she cowered from me. As it should be, I thought. After she scurried away, a small arm clasped around my fore-arm. “Is Eli okay?” Emmie asked again. I spun to face her, “She is weak…but she will recover until then…you’ll have to put up with me, okay?” I hated to admit it but I did care about Emmie and her little group of friends, after all me and Eli were the same person with a few differences. A few? She laughed. “Eli, I know you can hear me so hurry up and get well, we don’t need any more damage caused,”.

“Damage? Sorry for just protecting myself & Eli for that matter, and spearing Jessica’s life, despite my better judgement!” She was walking off as I spoke, leaving me with a carter of scorch marks and “patients” surrounding me. “Well!?” I shouted at them. They were clearly frightened by the event so they scuppered at my tone of voice.I should have been alone in the great hall of the canteen but one remained with me.

“So you must be her other side?” He said loudly, stepping slowly towards me. I ignored him and picked up my pizza slice from the table, taking small bites from it. “Ignoring me won’t make me go away, will it now?”

“Yes I am Ava, Eli’s other side as you put it, anything else?” I was angry that he was disturbing my my time with food.

“Is she...I mean are you both single? I was taken aback be his question. Why would he...I mean...who, Eli muttered.

“Yes,” I merely stated.

“Hmm, pretty girls like you two should have got a fella by now?”

“We live in a facility for unstable anti-humans, sorry for our first thought not being about our love life,” He was irritating, I could burn him…DON’T YOU DARE!! I hated her attachment to this arrogant boy, it was infuriating.

“Ah I see you both have anger issues, you especially,” He laid back in his chair, studying me. I’d finished my pizza, its cheesy after-flavour still lingering in my mouth. The water I was drinking did little to lessen it. “Have you finished with your inquiry? As I have to get changed because funnily enough clothes with holes in isn’t exactly my style,” I stood up, losing my footing and falling but his arms encased around me.

“Clumsy, aren’t you?” He must have some sort of psychic power, I thought.

“You are either a future seer, or have speed abilities?” I asked.

“I see the future but my power is triggered my contact that is done without my consent as I explained to your kinder half earlier today,”he allowed me to get to my feet before placing his hands into his jogging bottoms pockets. Something cold brushed up against my feet, he had bear feet like I did. “Guess we’re not the only ones who hate socks and shoes,”He gave me a smile then looked away, as if flinching. I moved out of the canteen, can’t believe you ruined my favourite clothes Eli moaned.