"I was about to do the same thing ", I whined a little.

"If your husband is here, you don't need to put the sindoor when he can do it for you", his words brought a smile on my face but that immediately turned into a frown when a negative thought hit me.

"What if... What if some day you're not there over here to do so, what if one day something happens and you can never put sindoor in my hair", I said. I know I'll cry if someday, something happens and he isn't there to do so. His lips formed in a tight lipped smile as he looked down at me.

"That day won't come, I'll always be there and if I'm not there maybe I'll be in a business trip but in the end I will always come back to you", he said. His words lightening my mood. I glanced at the clock and smiled when I realised it was only 6:30 in the morning. I quickly bid him a goodbye before making my way toward the kitchen and start cooking. Luckily, mom had set two maids for me to help me but I denied all the help they were trying to give and just told them to sit down and tell me where all the ingredients of the stuff I was making were.

As the first day in my in-laws' place, I had to make something sweet for them. So I decided to make kheer(rice pudding) and some sweet vermicelli for them.

By the time everyone was ready and coming in the dining room, the room was filled with the aroma of kheer

By the time everyone was ready and coming in the dining room, the room was filled with the aroma of kheer. Natasha came running and giggling as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Good morning auntie", she said in her baby voice.

"Good morning, Natasha", I said as I twirled her around. Soon after that everybody was settled on the dining table and the maids started serving. Sonia was one months pregnant, I found out and Roshan was the most protective about her. Not even letting her pick her own vessels up.

I was also told to sit down so I sat across Arjun, and in between Sonia and Natasha. Dad took one bite and his eyes went wide and he looked at mom. Mom took one bite and her eyes went wide too. Shit! What the hell did I do? Did I put salt instead of sugar? I messed up my first day!

"Tanu, come over here please", mom called with a smile on her face. I'm so dead. Arjun was smiling too. I hesitantly got up from my seat and walked over to mom. She reached over to take my trembling hands in hers and kissed them.

"This is the world's best kheer", she said and I visibly sighed in relief.

"Yes bhabi, you are amazing", Roshan said. (Bhabi is the sister-in-law. Like your brother's wife will be your bhabi)

"T-Thank you", I stuttered a little and went back to my seat and started eating. All the while I could feel his stare on me.

After I finished eating I helped the maids take the plates inside the kitchen and put it in the wash basin. While one washed the vessels, the other did the laundry, I cleaned all the mess I had created while cooking. I am a slow poke when I do household chores so the maid was already done with washing the vessels and she went out to do the other work.

Cold hands made their way from my back to my stomach and I squealed as I turned around only to me met with my husband. I tried to swat his hands away.

"I didn't know my wife could cook such an amazing kheer", he said with a genuine smile. He reached over for my hands and just like his mother kissed them. But the only difference was, he kissed them once, twice, thrice and then I had enough so I yanked my hands out of his hold.

"Can't you see I'm doing some work here, don't you have to go for work", I asked him.

"Well, if you have forgotten I'm here on a holidays so no work and you better finish your work fast cause I have to drop you to your house. Pag phera remember", he said before leaving the kitchen and going to our room, I guess.

The Pag Phera is one such ritual where the bride comes back home for the first time after her wedding, to ensure the best future of her parents. Later, the groom comes to pick her up after two-three days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guess who reached over 100 views? Haha it's me.

How was this chapter?

I'll be trying to update daily because that's how I think I like it, but if not then once in two days for sure

Also, I'd like to thank Chandanakc for voting.

Keep voting and commenting guys.

Love,
D❤️