chapter 10

The day after, Lisa woke up early and did her morning routine and heads to school.

The bus arrived on time and sat inside the bus. It wasn't crowded and there are only a few people on it so there are more vacant seats.

She sat on a vacant seat next to a window and places her umbrella on the floor. She pulls out her phone and headset to play music. She opens the window and watches the cars go past the bus.

A guy sits next to her and she can feel his eyes glancing at her but she didn't bother looking at his direction and continues to stare outside the window like she's on a drama.

Minutes later, she stood up and hops off the bus.

Without knowing the guy next to her calls for her because she has her headset on. A drip of water starts pouring on her and that when realization hits, "My umbrella..."

"M-my umbrella! I left it at the bus! Hey! Wait!!" She runs after the bus but the bus was too fast.

The rain starts pouring harder and she covers her head with her bag under a tree.

"How am I supposed to get to school DRY now?! Ahh, Lisa. You're so stupid. I bought that umbrella to keep me from getting wet by the rain! Not to leave it at the bus—"

"Excuse me, miss? You left your umbrella."

She turns her head and her eyes widen. 'It's him! The guy from last night.'

The unknown man approaches her with her umbrella open and hands her the umbrella.

"Oh! Yes, thank you very much." Lisa bows and the guy bows back, he turns around and starts walking away.

"Ah wait a minute!" She rushes to him and covers him with her umbrella, she notices his logo patch on his uniform, "W-we go to the same school. You don't have an umbrella so let's just share."

"But this umbrella only fits 1 person." He replies.

Lisa noticed drops of rain drenching his shoulder, "This is better than coming to school drenched in the rain."

She pulls out her handkerchief and unfolds it before placing it on his shoulder, "There, it's okay! There's only a few walks left, we'll arrive right on time."

"Okay." He nods as they continue walking.

Both of them remained silent and didn't said a word until Lisa decided to break the ice, "I didn't catch your name by the way. I'm Lisa."

"Eunwoo."

"N-nice to meet you, Eunwoo-sii."

"... are you a transfer student?" He asks as he didn't spare her a glance and continues looking forward.

"Yes, I came from Thailand. I just transferred a month ago."

"I see."

The awkward silence takes over again until they finally reached the school gates. They made it under a roof and Lisa unfolds the umbrella.

"So umm.. I'll see you around! Thank you." Lisa bows.

He looks at his shoulder and removes Lisa's handkerchief, "Thank you as well. Here's your.."

"Uhh bye!" Lisa dashes away.

"Wait! Your handker—" Before he was able to call out for her, Lisa was already out of his sight.

"—chief." He let out a sigh and looks at the soft handkerchief laying on his hand. "Guess I'll return it to her some other time."

•••
Time skip
•••