Chapter 27 - Finally The Big Picture

"Jennifer Thorne, are you listening to me?" A hard voice speaks.

Jennifer Thorne, the Thorne family that was feuding with the Thistles. If Jennie is Jennifer then that must mean that Dean is...

"Yes Deacon, I'm listening but I just say you droning on is getting quite boring," Jennie jokes leaning against her brother.

"Well, you'll have to deal with it. Now, let's go over it again, tell me what you have to do," he reminds pulling away from Jennie and standing to face her.

"But we've already been over this, multiple times," she says but Dean's unimpressed face results in her to sigh and start again. "James Thistle routinely buys the same drink from the same café every day, as he leaves I need to 'accidentally' bump into him, " she quotes with air marks, smiling at Dean who frowns, "blah blah he falls in love, blah blah blah he proposes, we marry, I kill him and take everything as his equal partner," she summarises with a bored look, "is that good enough?"

"For now," Dean replies with a calculating expression, "this is it, Jennifer, our family will get its revenge on the Thistles and it's going to start with taking our institute back."

The scene blurs into a new one, Jennie is standing outside a small establishment. Its cosy exterior matching its interior. She holds a stack of books and watches the door to the cafe.

Seconds later, she rushes towards the door with her head down, purposely knocking into someone.

"Oh gosh! I'm so, so sorry," she squeaks, "jeez I'm such a klutz," she mumbles going to pick up her books.

"No, it's my fault I should've been paying more attention to where-" he stops mid-sentence, with a book in his hand extending it towards her. Time stops as they hold each other's gaze. James' eyes twinkle with a spark and momentarily flash black.

Taken aback, Jennie flushes and breaks away, "thank you," she takes the book from his hand and as their hands meet tingles erupt throughout her body. She cautiously steps backwards and brushes down her outfit.

Standing as well, James clears his throat, "yeah no problem," he smiles, reaching up to run through his hair, "I'm James by the way," he introduces, offering his hand.

She watches his hand, disputing with her thoughts. He's my mate, I didn't know demons had mates, what about the plan? She panics.

Forget the plan. I won't break his heart, James Thistle is mine and I'm his.

Jennie takes his hand and shakes it, "I'm Jennie," she smiles holding on.

The scene changes again. Jennie stands dressed in a wedding gown, to her right, a blonde woman speaks to her.

"I can't believe you're getting married, Jen!" She squeals, however, Jennie worried face makes her frown, " I know you have all these nerves and bad thoughts now but I promise after walking down that aisle everything will be perfect."

"Liz, that's easy for you to say, you're already married and you've got an angel for a child, where is little Peter?" Jennie asks.

"I put him down for a nap," Eliza replies, "look, Jennie, don't worry," Eliza takes Jennie's hands and as soon as she does she gasps.

"Elizabeth?" Jennie asks, concerned.

Eliza blinks, wide-eyed, "I'm alright but Jen you're pregnant."

A knock on the door causes both girls to jump, "come in," Eliza answers. Dean enters, looking identical to as he did in the photo.

"Elizabeth, could I have a moment to speak to my sister in private?" Dean asks politely. Eliza nods her head then leaves. They wait until shes gone and her footsteps faded.