Alex grinned at Dimitri. A grin of pure male satisfaction. Alli knew this and usually she would have been disgusted but the sight of Alex looking so happy because she’d simply agreed, made it okay.

“You don’t need to know that,” Alex said to his god brother.

“We have our cell phones if you need us. Don’t need us,” Alli added.

Alex looked down at her surprised but thrilled that she wanted time with him as much as he wanted time with her.

As they walked through the crowd, away from their friends, Alex released her hand and put his arm around her shoulders, drawing her even closer to him. Alli put her arm around his waist and put her hand into his front pocket.

Alli could feel the stares on her and wished that she could disappear. It was bad enough that she and Alex were semi-famous in the racing digs but the fact that Alex was so hot and she wasn’t all that was kinda a bummer.

She could practically read the minds of the girls surrounding them, glaring at her.

How the hell could he possibly like her? What does he see in her? How much is she getting paid?

She couldn’t suppress the shudder that went through her at her ridiculous imagination.

“What’s wrong?” Alex asked bending his face to her head.

“Nothing,” she answered. “I’m just being an idiot.”

He kissed her hair, totally aware of what she was thinking and knowing that she wasn’t that far of the mark.

“Hey, don’t worry about it. Forget them. I said I wanted you didn’t I?”

She tilted her face up to look at him. How was it possible he knew what she’d been thinking? How had he known what to say to placate her fears?

He saw the questions shimmering in her eyes. He just smiled at her and motioned to the crowd.

“The guys are glaring at me, just as the girls are glaring at you.”

“Yeah, but that’s only ’cause the girls are only paying attention to you, wishing you’d ditch me.”

Alex rolled his eyes at her. “Puh-lease. I wish that was the only reason. It’s because they want you just as much as I do.”

“I knew it. You are insane. Compared to you, I barely register.”

He squeezed her shoulders in retribution. “No Alli. It’s because you’re freaking hot and apparently too dumb to realize.”

“You did not just call me dumb.”

He grinned at her. “Yeah I did. Watchya gonna do about it?”

“Oh, you’re so dead in that race.”

“You wish.”

She stuck her tongue out at him.

“So…where’re you whisking me off to?”

He shrugged. “I just really wanted to get away from those guys and have you to myself for a while.”

He led her to behind the DJ booth, where no one cared to venture. They were alone for all intents and purposes.

As soon as they were out of sight of everyone, he trapped her between the wall and himself. He held her hands above her head with one of his own as the other trailed down the side of her body.

“You are so beautiful.”

She gave a short laugh. “I never thought I’d hear someone say that to me. I have to say, it’s nicer than hearing that I’m hot or sexy.”