Chapter 46

(recap)

“Good. I am entrusting you with more than you know. Do not let me down.” He said giving Snow a lingering look.

“I know.” I said watching him reluctantly push her away.

“Get the man. Make the cell quick and make sure it’s undetectable and indestructible.” He said walking out of the small cave.

“Hide the other’s in this place, make sure it is well hidden when we leave.” Hunter said right before he followed Jake, not glancing back once. Almost as if he just expected me to follow his commands.

I looked down at a sleeping Snow; she was lying on a sleeping bag that Hunter had somehow produced out of thin air. She was curled up on it, like a defenseless child. She looked so much younger and helpless when she was asleep; it was hard to believe that she would be the cause for the fall of an empire that stood for over thousands of years.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 46

Hunter’s POV

Why do we leave our mate, she is in need of us.- My wolf asked fighting me on every step I took away from Snow.

Because our mate is being used and hurt by another.- I told my wolf for the hundredth time.

It was weird hearing his voice, one that I had never known existed and yet it felt familiar, in every way apart of me, of my life.

You have said this, but I do not see anyone, only our mate hurt by our hand and vulnerable. We should not leave her this way. We need to protect, to provide not walk away.- He argued and I actually felt myself turning back towards Snow, away from the one we needed to kill.

“You know as fun as it is watching you fight with yourself, this is getting a little old and not to mention it’s slowing me down. I should go alone and deal with this Elder, while you can go back and take care of my sister.” Jake said sounding a little annoyed that I wouldn’t let him go alone.

“And I told you that I don’t trust you to do this alone.”

“And I told you that I wouldn’t do anything stupid.”

“I will go with you and that is the end of this discussion.”

“You are no longer my Alpha, you have no hold over me.”

“I’m not doing this as your Alpha, I’m doing this as your brother. I don’t want to see you hurt Jake, even though you are determined to end up that way.” I said and I watch the scowl turn into confusion then in a blink back into a scowl.

“I’m capable of doing this Hunter. That is just an excuse to watch my every move.”

“Yes you have me all figured out. I would rather come with you on this mission than stay at the side of my mate, who has been away from me for a little over a month just to watch your every move.” I said sarcastically.

Jake continued to scowl, which I scowled right back, I could feel my chest vibration with a growl.

The dog is right. We should let him go alone. If his wish is to end his life then so be it.-

NO, he is the blood relative of our mate. She will suffer greatly with his loss.-

But he no longer wishes to live. We cannot-