8

Sonic's P.O.V.

Seeing him carry her and calming her down as he looked at me. Seeing how worried he actually got for me. Seeing how much he'd changed...

How could you say no?

But instead of telling him, I moved closer and kissed him. I kissed him like I've never done before and the best part, he kissed back.

Shadow's P.O.V

I was carrying his pup and he was kissing me. It was strange, I've never felt like this before. I was happy. But for how long will this last?

"Okay, it isn't okay to make out with your ex rival in front of two babies." Prince Manic chuckled.

'Shit.' I couldn't stop thinking we've messed up.

We both looked up and saw his siblings and Princess Sally.

"I-I..." Sonic lowered his ears and carried Noah. I stayed quiet, what could I say? They are from the royal family.

"It's okay, we'll keep it a secret, Sonic. It's a pleasure to meet you Shadow, I'm Sally Acorn, I've heard so much about you, I'm glad you two finally got along."

"Yeah," Prince Manic scoffed "TOO along, I think you're late man, if you would had come before, these pups would be yours." I tried not to blush at his words but Sonic glared at Manic.

"Leave him alone." Princess Sonia looked at me. "I'm Sonia, Sonic's sister and this crazy jerk beside me is Manic, our brother."

"A pleasure to meet all of you, Princess." I said, uncomfortable around them.

"It's okay Shad, no need to be formal, at least not with them." Sonic said as I held Lea.

"Sonic, it's almost time for the pups to take a shower and you need to sleep. We can take care of them while you and Shadow talk." Sonia said and I nodded.

"I do... Need to talk to you." I said as I looked at Sonic and Princess Sally took Lea from me and Noah from him.

"Sure. Thanks guys." He waited for the others to leave then looked at me.

"Why didn't you tell your friends about this?" I asked and he shook his head and sighed.

"Because its better if Noah and Lea don't exist to the rest of the world. Eggman was after me when I was a pup and killed my foster parents. I won't let my kids go through anything like that. That's why I retired." He explained and I slowly nodded.

"I understand that but I don't think its a good idea to keep them locked in the castle forever." I said softly not wanting to get him mad with my opinion.

"I know." He looked down at his hands. "I want them to be happy, to go to school, play at the park like normal kids. But that can't happen..." He shook his head. "Eggman won't-" I stopped him.

"But I can help you. Your annoying friends can help you too." I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

"You need to give them a chance. They are all great people." He hummed.

"No thanks." I said and made him look at me then pulled my hand away. "We can protect them, but it is your decision."

Sonic smiled slightly then looked at the sky.

"Maybe some day. But they are still too young."