5

Sonic's P.O.V.

"Lea~ Noah~" Sonia played with them as they both sat in both sides of me on their baby chairs as I ate.

They were all making them giggle as I smiled at that. They really made me extremely happy.

"We should take them to the park." Manic said making my ear twitched.

"No." I said sternly.

"Bro, they can't stay in the castle their whole lives. You need to stop being afraid." Manic said.

"No, I can't do that, someone will attack and I am too tired to protect them. I don't want to see them hurt and I know if I tell my friends, Eggman will find out and try to take them. It is better of it is as if they don't exist to everyone else." I looked at him.

"But Sonic-" I cut off Sonia.

"I know what it is better for my kids, Sonia." I said too harshly then I sighed. I stood uo and carried Noah and Lea then walked outside. They were already 7 months old.

I hadn't seen my friends in 2 months. I had repeatedly thought of telling Tails but every scenerio in my head of me telling Tails had a bad ending.

Unless he were to come alone to the castle and no one were to follow, then that would be better. I put Lea and Noah down and let them play around in the grass since they loved that. I smiled happily as I saw them playing with the roses.

"Lea, don't do that, you'll get dirty." I said once she started tugging on the grass.

They both looked at me and giggled then crawled to my lap and reached for me to pick them up. I laughed softly and picked them up then hugged them as I purred and nuzzled them.

I suddenly got a call and I put them down to let them play then answrred the phone. "Hello?"

"This is Shadow, we need to talk. Meet me at my house in 20 minutes." I raised a brow and nodded.

"Sure, Shad. It's just to talk, right? We made a deal." I reminded him.

"It's just to talk, Sonic." He hung up leaving me surprised at him saying my name. I picked them up again making them whine ad I chucklrd softly.

"Its time, Aunt Sally and Aunt Sonia give you a bath." I took them inside and after Sonia and Sally took them, I dashed to Shadows house.

"I was begining to think you wouldn't come." He said as he opened the door then let me in.

"It is a miracle you called me. I am quite curious, of course I would come. What did you want to talk about?" I asked and sat down on the couch.

"I'm going to go straight to the point since it took me months to call you here." He rolled his eyes getting me even more curious and nodded. "Are you dating anyone?" That took me off guard.

"What? No. Why? Did Amy tell you to ask me?" I rolled my eyes then I saw his face. He was lightly blushing, his ears slightly lowered and looking at me, I wouldn't had noticed it before but after I gave birth to Lea and Noah, I started picking up stuff like these. "Oh."

"I like you..." Shadow stuttered then looked away making me blush. I have to admit, I do have a crush on Shadow, I've had a crush on him for a while now but I kept it to myself. "Rouge convinced me to finally tell you..."

"'Finally'...? You've... Felt like this for a while...?" I was still blushing and he slowly nodded then looked at me.

"I know you're probably not into males but Rouge made me realize I should tell you how I feel..." He cleared his throat trying to calm down.

"I... I am, actually..." His ears perked up. "And I have had a crush on you too... But..." He dropped them. "I can't be with anyone..."

"What? Why not...?" He sounded hurt, that was a first.

"Look, Shad... I really hope we can be friends but I can't be with anyone... There's a lot of things you don't know about me..." His expression quickly changed but I can't describe how.

"How can I? You don't even have any files at GUN." He mumbled making my ear flickered.

"Instead of talking to me, you wanted to read my files?" I crossed my arms.

"Well there's no way we can talk since you're never here." He looked at me, his ear flickered as well.

"Because I have other things to do." I said sternly.

"Like what? You retired!" He rested back on the couch. "Who doesn't have files either way?"

"Me! I burned them!" I rolled my eyes and stood up. "There are many things about me that no one knows. Not even Tails. Those secrets are staying secrets for a very long time."

"Then how do you expect for us to talk more?" He growled lowly getting annoyed.

"You have my phone number! Use it!" I snapped, it was rare of me to snap at anyone. "I have to go." I walked off.