12 // because you said

+ last chapter

Dedicated to : sharmaheer, Zarrystylik1310 and chaliha for being the only people to read this story, lol. Anyways, I truly appreciate it.

It's been two years since Jaxon has last seen Esme and the time and distance have done nothing to ease the growing pain

It's been two years since Jaxon has last seen Esme and the time and distance have done nothing to ease the growing pain. All communication has been lost between them and it's almost like Esme Woods has...disappeared from his life.

His new album, 'Blue Eyed Girl', has been released. The crowd's favourites are definitely the title track, and 'Never Mine', both of which have perfectly captured his feelings for Esme. In fact, the whole album has.

It's funny, and almost pathetic, how the letter Esme has given him two years back still resides in the back pocket of his jeans, everyday. It's like a good luck charm, or something. Because Jaxon is still waiting.

Today, as he sings the ending of 'Blue Eyed Girl', pouring his heart out in his concert in Texas, something happens. Something so surprising, yet so beautiful, like, a flower blooming in autumn.

Maybe I should take another two shots

'cuz I'm clearly not drunk enough

What good am if I can't save myself

From the memories of the -

"- Esme?" Jaxon gasps. The crowd quitens, seemingly confused. But Jaxon's eyes is fixed on her. Only her.

From the memories of the blue eyed girl

Jaxon sings, getting a bit teary eyed. She is sitting right there. In the front row. Shining brighter than any flashlight in the stadium.

He brings the mic shakily to his mouth, and, quite unexpectedly, even surprising himself, he sings the four lines of 'Because You Said': a song so close to his heart because the inspiration has been Esme.

Because you said

You'll come back

He takes a few steps towards Esme, who is nodding her head as if agreeing with the lyrics.

Because you said

Don't hold back

And in front of millions of people, Jaxon kneels on the stage holding the mic close to his heart and just cries.

Because she came back.