Chapter Three

Title: The Only Exception

Pairing/Pairings: Zayn/Liam (side pairings: Niall/Josh, Harry/Louis)

Disclaimer: This is a fictional account, nothing it taken place in real life. This is placed in an Alternate Universe (AU). The characters in this story are not owned by the authors.

Authors: 1dforeveralways + ToInfintyandBeyond

Summary: You can’t earn a place in royalty, you are born into it. Where you are placed in society is just the luck of the draw. It doesn’t matter what you deserve. What you have is what you are given. Princes are given many privileges; it is influenced by your traits as to how well you use them. What happens when two parts of society collide? Do opposites really attract or is it harder when you have nothing in common? A Ziam Mayne story.

Author’s note: Hey guys, this is chapter 3. This is the first chapter written just by me. I hope you enjoy it. Zoe xx

Chapter written by: ToInfintyandbeyond

Chapter 3

After Zayn and Liam’s brief acquaintance they parted. Liam was extremely pleased with himself that he made a new associate although he wasn’t sure whether it was allowed for a commoner to talk freely to a royal let alone become close friends. Liam heard a booming sound erupt behind him and was brought back to his cruel reality.

“What has taken you LONG?” Louis growled turning his attention towards the brown haired boy.

Liam froze suddenly realising that he had forgotten all about his master’s breakfast. “Ummmm, you, you see sir…I, I um accidently bumped into” Liam stuttered with anxious eyes.

“Talk like a normal person for god sakes boy! You can speak English” the older male boomed.

Liam thought back to his brief conversation with Zayn. He definitely agreed with the tan boy when he said that Louis is not the nicest person to be around.

“Well, answer my question what has taken you so long!” Louis reiterated

Liam sensed a figure behind him; shortly a hand was placed on his shoulder. Liam looked down to see a tan hand warmly placed on his body. His heart fluttered and he felt as if a million volts of warm electricity had been sent through him.

“Come on Lou, be nice, Liam does everything for you and never complains cut him some slack,” Zayn criticized his brother’s antics.

“Oh shut up Zayn, just because you’re the best master in the world, and everybody loves you,” Louis snorted coldly.

“Well just because you’re the worst master in the world and everybody including me despises you.”

Liam chuckled to himself. He had never seen Louis so vulnerable and childish. He was almost enjoying himself. Louis huffed stridently and stormed off to his chamber. Liam faced Zayn smiling at his heroism.

“Well that was fun, wasn’t it?” Zayn asked turning his attention to Liam.

Liam grinned and studied Zayn properly. His hazel eyes were enchanting and Liam was completely submerged in them. Long dark lashes framed his captivating eyes making him look more like a model than a royal. His chiselled face and defined jawline only added to his model like features.

“Yeah, I’ve never seen him act like that so immature and so defeated. I have to admit it was quite amusing,” he replied. Liam was surprised at his new found confidence and for the first time he didn’t feel like just a servant in a rich palace he felt like a proper person.

“Ehhh, he’s always like that not once have a seen him not grumpy. Even when we were growing up.”

Liam couldn’t imagine always being so miserable and irritable. It almost made Liam feel sorry for the royal. Always being so negative must would have to be draining. No wonder he needed a servant.

The two boys heard thumping footsteps advancing towards them.

“Just because I left doesn’t mean I don’t want my breakfast.”

Liam turned to the hazel eyed boy and smiled notifying that he had to continue with his duties.

“Guess you have to go make your masters breakfast.”

Liam was disappointed that his time with Zayn had come to an end. He felt a strange connection with the royal that he had never felt with anyone else. Although he wasn’t sure if the connection was just a close friendship or more.