Backstage - After The Chaos

Time Scale: Minutes after winning the Universal Championship - Location: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Backstage.

Destroyer's Personal Observation:

After winning the title, and after Seth had been dragged backstage, more-or-less, by the refs and medical trainers: I made my way backstage with the title over my shoulder. Upon entering the back, a lot of people were clapping when I came backstage, before some of the trainers came over to check on me as well.

They took me to the medical trainers office to check us over and stitch us up, but when we got there, I held my fist out to Rollins as a sign of respect. A sign of respect that he returned as he fist bumped me back before the two of us bro-hugged each other briefly.

Eventually we got stitched up. Not sure how many stitches either of us needed, but it was certainly a lot to say the least. I also had an ice pack on the elbow I'd landed badly on earlier in the match. Fortunately, nothing was broken, but it was going to help with the swelling at least. Once we were done up, Triple H came over and shock my hand with a smirk.

"Great match out there. You certainly brought the house down there with Seth. Almost reminded me of some of my more brutal matches." I smirked a bit at the compliment. "I'm glad you liked it Hunter." I said. 

"We're planning on bringing a more...ruthless streak back into WWE in the upcoming future. And from what I saw out there, you'll be able to bring us to the next level. Think you're up for it?" he asked me, and I nodded instantly. Thank god I'd gotten the stitches done by the time he'd arrived.

"More than up to it." I responded, smirking as I looked to the title and then to Seth. "And I already have a good idea for what to do next in our rematch..." Hunter nodded his head in approval of my answer. 

"Good man. Will you be fit for tomorrow?" I nodded in response, and he patted my shoulder a bit. "Glad to hear it. See you tomorrow champ." The Game told me before heading off, patting Rollins on the shoulder in respect as he headed off.

"Heh...That was hell..." Rollins said with a smirk on his face, and I nodded in response with a small smirk of my own. "Yeah...My kind of match..." I said in response, and we fell into a comfortable silence as we finished up in the medical trainer's office.

We weren't left alone for long though, as we soon got some company: Seth in the form of Roman and Becky, and me in the form of Cassie, Jessie and Shayna, the latter of which had her arms crossed across her chest and a smirk on her face.

""Oh my gosh, are you okay!?!"" both Billie and Peyton asked me at the same time, which Becky shrugging and saying to Seth with an amused smirk "What they said." Both me and Seth nodded.

"Battered, bruised, and full of stitches, but otherwise we're fine." Seth answered for us. I simply answered with a smirk as I held up the title, handing it to the girls in the process. "Nice work." Shayna said, slapping my shoulder as she said that. I barely flinched, but still gave her a look that said 'Really?'

Shayna shrugged. "Suck it up, Mick. Given what you just did out there, I'd say that slap's nothing." she mocked in a joking manner. I merely rolled my eyes a bit in slight annoyance...even if she did have a point...

"You two gave a hell of a show there." Roman commented, and I smirked a bit, albeit very briefly, as I gingerly began to stand up. "Thanks. Not my most brutal match...but definitely still an enjoyable one by my standards." I said, half-joking yet being serious at the same time, though it certainly peaked the interest of Seth, Roman and both Peyton and Billie. Shayna already knew the what was the best match in my opinion.

"At the risk of needing a bucket...what's the worse match you've been in?" Seth asked in curiosity as he placed an ice pack on his head, due in part because of a slight headache. I had to think on that one a bit, because there was a few that fit the bill, and I had more than a few scars that were worse than others from REALLY violent matches.

"Oooh...that's a tough one..." I began, closing my eyes as I began to think...soon an answer came to mind, and I knew it was one that not many knew about.

"That would be the match that...pretty much confirmed my status as a mad mother-fucker when it comes to matches, but also made me as well. It was a...Barbed Wire Cell Death Match I think it was called. I barely remember the details well anymore."

That seemed to surprise the others, but I could tell they were still in need of more answers or explanations, and, despite my vague memory on the matter, and my reluctance to share, I decided I would indulge them on their idle curiosities on this occasion...though on their stomachs be it...

"Basically imagine your Hell In A Cell, if you will, but instead of...whatever it is that normally makes up that structure...just image that it is made completely up of barbed wire, along with most of the weapons under the ring being covered up in or attached to barbed wire.

"Steel chairs, tables, bats, four-by-fours, you name it: as long as it was big enough to have barbed wire wrapped around it, it had it attached to it. And those, believe it or not, weren't even the worst of the weapons, or even the worst stipulation."

It appeared that this shocked the others, even Shayna, more than the carnage we had gone through in that blood bath we had just been through out in the ring. Shayna I wasn't surprised at her reaction, since it was before we met...I think...as I said, my memory is a mess on the matter at the best.

"How the hell did it get worse!?" Peyton practically shouted, and I simply smirked a bit before responding. 

"The match could only end in the same way as, for example, some Texas Deathmatch in Japan: by submission, or by making sure your opponent can't get up for the ref's 10 count. Also, there was other weapons under the ring at the time from that events previous matches that made the made look like an actually bloody atrocity...like bricks, solid metal or steel pipes, tacks...god knows what else."

I shudder at the memory a bit, but continued after they had caught their stomachs, or was ready to hear more. I will say this though...I was swearing quite a fair bit.

"The match itself was quite possibly the worst bit of hell I'd ever been through. We were bleeding like stuffed pigs within the first...several minutes or so I think. And by the end of the match I had lost so much blood that I was sent into shock, and was then hospitalized for...fuck I forget how long now..."

Needless to say, I wasn't expecting what happened next: because both Cassie and Jessie (Billie and Peyton) ended up hugging me tightly after that in vice-like grips...and whilst it wasn't exactly painless, it was surprising how tight the grip was. 

And yet still, I made an ass of myself by joking about...sort of...in the least funniest way possible. Well, at least in my opinion. My sisters would find it funny.

"Choking...! Not breathing...!" I said, which was half-truth since Billie had an arm around my neck a bit when she had starting cling-hugging me with Peyton. She didn't loosen her grip, instead slapping me to shut me up. 

Eventually me, Cassie and Jessica left the arena after I was cleared to leave...oh, and after I got some side plates for my newly won belt. Gotta say, having a belt with side plates on feels...different. 

Still a nightmare to carry though, especially since I have to carry the title in my bags all the time I've got it, but that's the price of winning a title. A small price that I'm fine with paying.

Anyway, far from the fucking point, we soon headed for the hotel we were staying at. Billie drove us there whilst I slept in the back, even whilst the two were chatting throughout the journey, though I didn't fully sleep until I got to my hotel room and just crashed, quite literally, on the bed.

As for Billie and Peyton? Apart from sneaking into my room for whatever reason, I never saw them for the rest of the evening, or for most of the following day...still, I did not mind, I was still revelling in the victory from that night...and, if I'm being honest, I couldn't wait to see what chaos I can cause in Vince's little company!

Author's Side-Note: I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and got a little insight into Destroyer and how things are for him and his current rival backstage, and a bit into Destroyer's past as well, at least from a wrestling perspective.

I had wanted to do a backstage chapter for after his paper view match, and whilst I'm not sure if these "Backstage" chapters will be a more...regular occurrence with paper view matches Destroyer has, it's definitely something I plan on doing again.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you all have an amazing night!