Clash At NXT - The King of Destruction vs. The Messiah of the Backbreaker

Timeline: 5 Days After Smackdown.

You would think that with "The King of Destruction's" more-often-than-not imposing aura since he came to WWE, and the wars that he went through with Seth Rollins and - to an extent - with both Roman Reigns and Shinsuke Nakamura between 3 to 5 weeks prior respectively, that you would surely try to keep him in your good books, or try to stay on his good side.

Well apparently The Undisputed Era is more courageous than most. 

The NXT, North American, and Tag Team Champions were just arriving at the arena: all boasting and bragging towards the camera that followed them as they arrived, all unaware that another car was pulling into the car park of the Performance Center as well - one which had not been there before...

As they continued to brag and boast: the drivers side car door swung open and the Undisputed Era was jumped from behind and attacked by an angry and pissed off "King of Destruction"! Security came and tried to separate them all, only to find back elbows and flying fists from the Universal Champion as he broke free and continued to try and go after the Undisputed Era.

Even NXT's men in charge - Triple H and William Regal - were there to try and keep "The King of Destruction" from tearing the U.E. a new one, and that was no easy feat to achieve! Eventually, it was Triple H himself who had to be the voice of reason.

"ENOUGH!!! We are not doing this now! Destroyer!? You want to get at Undisputed Era so badly!? Then put your title on the line tonight against whichever member of the Undisputed Era tonight, no excuses! But either way, after this, you all go your separate ways!!! CLEAR!?!"

This seemed to placate "The King of Destruction" for the time being as he slowly backed up holding his arms up briefly, shouting out at The Undisputed Era "Pick wisely, you sons of bitches! Your ass is mine!" 

With that, he backs up as both Cassie and Jessica pulled him away back to the car and away from security, The Undisputed Era, and both Triple H and William Regal. Hunter then looked directly at Regal as he said to him, pointing to the U.E. as he spoke at a certain point: 

"Keep an eye on him! Keep him away from them until their match, got it!?" Regal nodded in complete agreement - sharing a look of annoyance on his face as he went off to keep an eye on "The King of Destruction".

Their match was in the Semi-Main Event - mostly by Michael's insistence, as he felt that he shouldn't be the one to take up the Main Event spot when others in NXT deserved the honor to Main Event the show over him - but it was clear whenever the camera was on "The King of Destruction" backstage that every moment that he wasn't in the match only added more fuel to the fire that was Destroyer's anger....

As the first hour came to an end, and the second hour was beginning: the wait for the NXT faithful was soon over, and the Universal Championship match soon came around. And, rather unsurprisingly, "The Undisputed Era's" music soon began to play in the background as they began to make their way out to the ring,

Strangely enough, though, only 3 of the 4 members of Undisputed Era came out to the ring: the North American Champion, Roderick Strong, and the NXT Tag Team Champions, Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish; but Adam Cole, the NXT Champion, was nowhere to be seen.

That alone sent red flags in the minds of the NXT Universe, however all of them were too busy giving mixed reactions to The Undisputed Era.

What seemed to fuel the egos of "The Undisputed Era" more, though, and perhaps even their cockiness for last Friday, was when the crowd loudly began chanting for Destroyer in numerous ways, which only spurred Strong, Fish and O'Reilly more to try and piss off the fans - and maybe even Destroyer himself backstage - by mocking "The King of Destruction" himself...despite the fact that he had attacked them not too long ago.