Episode 7 - "Circumjacent"

Začít od začátku

QALETAQA
I've seen you trying to hide those red eviction notices from me when I come to visit. You've got to let me help you before you throw your life away.

BRETT
My life is fine.

BRETT sips his water and stares at the window, finding peace in the rising sun.

EXT. ABANDONED TOWER

MORGAN, JOHN, ALTHEA and MELVIN exit out of the 4x4. They all look up at the enormous steeple, feeling almost swallowed by its size.

MELVIN
Welcome home.

MORGAN chuckles dryly.

MORGAN
Some home.

As they opened the door, a mini-horde of revolting, ravenous walkers exit through the door hopeful for their dinner.

JOHN
Ah, shit.

ALTHEA
What, Dorie? You scared to kill some walkers?

JOHN
No! I- Yes I am.

MORGAN and ALTHEA chuckle.

MORGAN
Just try not to get yourself killed, John.

JOHN
I'm trying my best.

MELVIN
Enough with the chit chat, let's kill these walkers so we can make a good impression for our company.

The four of them attack the walkers.

MORGAN stabs walkers with his staff and strikes them down.

JOHN shoots them sloppily in the head.

MELVIN pulls out a knife and incapacitates them with ease.

ALTHEA uses an M4A1 to gun down the slew of walkers barreling out the door.

INT. TOWER

The interior shows signs of age including cracks along the walls, moss from poor up-keeping and dirt from every corner.

MELVIN takes in a large breath and exhales when he enters. He turns to face JOHN, MORGAN, and ALTHEA.

MELVIN
Martha should be here with them soon.

MORGAN
What exactly did these people do?

MELVIN
That's not important. Just know that they're not good people.

MORGAN and ALTHEA share a worried glance as JOHN explores the tower.

INT. RESTAURANT

The restaurant has grown more busy and the streets outside have become busier and louder with commuters and pedestrians.

QALETAQA places his hands over BRETT's.

QALETAQA
I love you. And I am here for you, Brett.

As QALETAQA asks what help BRETT really think he needs, QALETAQA receives an unexpected heap of hatred from BRETT.

BRETT
I don't need your dirty money. I don't want to live your archaic lifestyle. This is the future, Taqa. Stop being stuck on these past traditions. It's weird and I constantly get bullied when I'm seen with you in your whole...get-up.

QALETAQA
Get up?

What he says gives QALETAQA a rather bright red look on his face with his eyebrows creating a V shape to show how angry he is.