THREE

(JAEDEN'S POV)

The car ride home was slow and quiet, but my parents didn't think anything of it, they were both far too drunk to give the slightest shit about me. I just don't understand why Wyatt hates me so fucking much I have never even been in the slightest way mean to him and every time I see him he just calls me a fag or other homophobic slurs. Once we get home I quickly race upstairs and have a shower, maybe it will take my mind off things just a little. Instead it had the opposite effect reflecting on the night I broke down in tears, but just quite enough so that my parents wouldn't hear, not that they would be paying any attention to me. My parents are great and really accepting of my sexuality, but for a kid who has horrific mental health problems they could pay me a bit more attention every once and a while. After I pull myself together, head back to my room and chuck some nice comfy pyjamas on I hop into bed to get ready for some sleep, but I just couldn't keep what happened tonight off my mind. I had to talk to Finn about it to get it off my chest to someone, I text Finn everything that had happened tonight and he sent back a text almost instantly. It read "hey man just don't worry about it rn, Wyatt is just a dick, we all know it", great i think to myself, even my friends are trying to shut me out. Why does the whole world feel like it's closing in on me, I sob with my thoughts for hours until I eventually drift off to sleep.

I wake up the next day and instantly the thought of Wyatt pops back into my head, I knew today was going to be a long day. I check my phone it reads 10:37am, great a whole day to swallow my thoughts, Weekends are great for most people, but since I don't have the slightest social life I just sit on my ass binging Netflix. I might as well make breakfast, I think to myself so I head downstairs to make some Egg's On Toast, it's an easy meal to make and it doesn't take too long. I settle down on the couch and quickly munch down my food, just as I finish I get a text from Finn, he asks if I wanna come over 1ish and stay for a sleepover, obviously I say yes and tell him i'll walk over soon. I check the clock it says 11:07, ok i've got roughly two hours til I need to be there and I do the only logical thing watch Netflix for an hour and a half, quickly back my page and get dressed into some shorts, a long sleeved t-shirt and the classic socks/slides. I zip up my bag and wonder down the road to Finn's house, it only takes 15 minutes until I arrive at Finn's place. No surprises when I saw Jack's car in the driveway, you couldn't split those two apart with a knife at times. I walk in without knocking and walk upstairs to Finn's room, "oh you're late once again Lieberher" he snarks, "It's 1:02 for fuck sake" i reply in response. Jack just says hi and I sit down on his bed and we chat for hours, Finn's room wasn't huge but it was still a decent size, filled up with posters of his favourite bands and movies. While we were chatting Finn and Jack both dropped a bombshell that I wasn't really expecting but had a suspicious feeling about, "Jaeden, me and Jack have an announcement to make, we are officially dating", I'm so proud of you two" I say in response, "I totally ship it". "Thanks so much Jae for being supportive of us, we were thinking we could go out for dinner tonight to celebrate", I obviously say yes and the time was set to go out at 6:30. Although i'm totally proud of them, I couldn't help but feel a hint of jealousy in my soul, I wish I could be in love with someone, but that probably won't ever happen. We head out for dinner, they both said they wanted it to be casual and to not go anywhere fancy, In 'N' Out Burger was the place to go and we all sat down and Finn went up to order our food. The meal went really well and we left the restaurant with full belly's and I had half a coke left which I took back to their place. Vibes were great all night as Finn really wanted to settle down to a movie, we all unanimously agreed to watch A Quiet Place which proceeded in us all not talking for the duration of the 91 minute run time and the following hours after. Once we all got back to talking again we decided to set up the mattresses to get ready for some sleep, we were all a bit pissed on alcohol and you could tell that Jack was really feeling it. After an hour of chatting Finn and Jack fell asleep and I was still wide awake just reflecting on the day, it had been a great day and had completely taken my mind off Wyatt, I thought to myself why can't more days be a bit like this.

In the morning we all woke up around 11, Jack was extremely hungover, obviously having way too much to drink whereas me and Finn were feeling a lot better. After we woke up and had some pancakes for breakfast Finn offered to drop us off back home, we both accepted and I got home at roughly 1:30pm, since there was school tomorrow I thought I might as well just do my History and Maths homework instead of waiting til the last minute. I settled down at my desk, did my homework and once I was done, chill out and have a nice quiet day before the awful prospect of school tomorrow.