𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕

ابدأ من البداية

wooyoung keeps the dagger by his waist as he looks at her, face blank. he scans his eyes all over her, unconsciously checking whether the girl was hurt or not.

soojin clears her throat, opening her mouth to speak when the gunner suddenly talks first "follow me" he says simply, turning his back and leaves.

the princess tilts her head to the side, confused at what the gunner meant but still complied, trailing behind the man closely.

the live band started to play another upbeat song, the crowd grows at this as more people made their way around the tavern to dance. the gunner turns to check whether the princess was following or not and sees her slightly having a hard time to keep up because of her petit figure.

with a sigh, he goes back a little and reaches for her hand, holding her gently as he guides them pass the thick crowd and outside the establishment.

soojin tensed up at the touch, her heart beating abnormally fast. she lets him hold it, the touch soft between them two.

they make their way into the night and the quiet streets of bogwon. only the faint laughter from night taverns and some shops who were still open at this time was the only thing they saw and heard.

wooyoung guides them to a shop not so far from the tavern they were at. it sold different types of medical stuff and equipment; not everything but just enough to tend the most basic injuries.

"wait here" he says, pointing to a bench for her to sit at. she stays there, her eyes not leaving the gunner as he enters and exits the shop with a small paper bag.

the gunner takes a sit beside her, taking out all of the contents of the bag and placing them in his lap.

soojin only watches in confusion, holding her wrist unconsciously as she knew that the gunner had bought things to tend for her bruise.

"place this on top" he says, his eyes staring at her. her heart thumps once again and butterflies started attacking her stomach. stop it.

she does what he says, shivering as the cold material hits her skin.

wooyoung takes out a small container with greenish looking paste as they waited there for five minutes before he takes the cold pouch from her.

their fingers brushed momentary yet it was enough to make her stomach do tiny flips.

he takes her hand suddenly, applying a decent amount of paste on top of her bruise and spreading it gently "im not really a medic, but i hope this is enough for it to not look super bad"

he closes the container before turning to a stunned looking soojin.

she was confused. so confused at how the gunner was acting. sometimes he was the meanest person in the room, acting bossy and smug but sometimes.. he's a decent person, occasional letting his guard down and looks at her in a way that makes her heart melt.

they just sit there in silence, with the slow chirping of crickets accompanying them.

"thank you" she says, low enough for it to be a whisper.

wooyoung looks above. there were no stars tonight which was the cause of it being cloudy all day "you really are looking for trouble huh? what was the purpose of training you when you cant even defend yourself when you're alone"

she doesn't answer as she only fidgeted with the hem of her shorts "and you wearing something that can provoke and attract men? we're going to a place where people get drunk for fun. their eyes will be trailing your every move with those shorts and top- why didnt san let you wear something like pants and a baggy shirt-" he shakes his head to stop himself, his eyes avoiding the princess as he sighs "forget it"