Chapter 15

Selena P.O.V
As we were going to the hospital, the ride was awkward and filled with silence. I could tell Andre was getting angrier each second of driving. We finally arrive and enter his dad's room.

Whoever called Andre was right; he was on the verge of dying. His eyes were low and his skin was a soft gray. It's devastating to me to see this was what it was like to die slowly.

The nurse sees us and tells Andre's dad that he is here. He nods softly and turns to look to Andre.

"Why do you want me here?"

He attempts to sit up but fails. "Because...I want to apologize." He coughs in between his words as he speaks.

"Apologize for what? Walking out on me and momma? Or for abusing her before you walked away?"

"For...everything."

"Why the fuck you want to tell me this shit when you about to die?"

The nurse interrupts their conversation. "Sir, we are going to need you to calm down. Excessive emotions can speed his process up."

"It's ok...I'm telling you this because...I realized...I messed up."

Andre rolls his eyes and looks away. "You basically killed my mom. She had depression because of you and started drinking. I had lost her after you did that to her!"

"I know. And..and I'm sorry Andre."

His breathing becomes slower as he looks at me slightly.

"Who is she?"

"My girlfriend."

"Take care of her. Do the opposite of what I did...please forgive me."

Tears start to form in his eyes as he closes them one last time. He then flatlines and the nurse covers his now lifeless body. "Time of death 3:46 p.m."

I look over to Andre to see his face blank as he gets up and goes to the elevator.

"Are you ok?"

He tries to look for his keys to avoid me trying to talk to him.

"Where the fuck my keys at?!?!" He rambles around looking for them as I notice his eyes welling up. He then bursts out into an excruciating sob as he drops to the ground in pain and confusion.

I get to the ground with him and hold him close to me. "I know how it feels...it's going to get better as time progresses."

"You don't know how it feels...how it feels to not even know him but feel hurt at the same time because now both of your parents aren't on this damn earth anymore..."

"You're right. I don't know how it feels to be in this situation, but I do know how it feels to lose both of your parents."

He stays silent as I whisper softly, "I'm here for you." He looks in my eyes and nods while getting up.

Freshly Inc. Records

I look at my computer sorting files and look over at Andre. "Does your dad have any other family members to plan his funeral?"

"I guess. If they do or not, I'm not going to go."

"That's just like you said you weren't going to the hospital but you went."

"Nah this different. His family know he did all  kinds of shit to us and they love to pity someone. I ain't got time for that right now."