❰7- 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗂𝖽𝖾❱

That night, Omar was resting in his bed facing the wall next to him. The boy felt happy but worry suddenly washed over him. The happy feeling he had when he thought about the day spent with María, was soon to be replaced by his dark thoughts. You're too happy at the moment, you know damn well that everytime you're happy, something is right around the corner waiting for you to bring you back into this sad reality. I know, he sighed.

Wondering what time it was, omar sat up to get a view of the alarm clock. 11:48pm. He shrugged and got out of his bed. Omar made his way to the door where his shoe sat. Carefully putting them on he then grabbed his phone and his earbuds. And when he had everything he needed to survive the night stride, he got out of the dark room.

He quietly walked the small distance between his room and the main entrance. He only had to go through the living room. Which had a kitsch decor. There was a few one person couch, around the room, covered with knitted blankets. A coffee table so old that it could barely stand up anymore. A ton of pictures of campers from the previous years hung up on the walls. A huge wood tv cabinet with surprisingly modern enough tv. And to top it all off was the ugliest and kitchiest carpet you've ever seen.

═════════ ❃ ═════════

One of the closest room to the exit was the supervisor's room. The young boy silently prayed for the supervisor to be a heavy sleeper for he did not want to get caught in the act.

A few seconds later, he was finally outside. Damn! It's a bit freezing. I should've brought my sweatshirt. He stood outside while being surrounded by darkness. His eyes took a moment to adjust in the dark. Without his sweatshirt the cool air gave him goosebumps. Suddenly, he had the urge to pee. Stepping back into the cabin while he was mumbling under his breath, Omar went towards the bathroom.

Moments later, he go out of the washroom. Wipping the rest of the water, that was still on his hands, on his pants. I'm already here so I could just go ahead and get my hoodie. At this point, Omar was walking normally, not caring about getting caught anymore. Kwest was still fast alseep meanwhile Liano stirred up when his friend opened the door.

"What are you doing man?"

He rasped out.

"I went to the bathroom"

Liano grunted in response. Then he turned around to go back to sleep. Omar grabbed his hoodie, that was laying on the floor and got out of the room immediatly after. He stepped out of room tangled in his hoodie. Immediatly relieved by the warmth of his hoodie.

His eyes went directly towards the door of María's room. He could see the light from under the door, which meant that María was still awake. Omar had an inner debate with himself. Should he do the night stride alone or be accompanied by her. He finally knew what to do.

═════════ ❃ ═════════

The door was opened by María. The light from inside her room illuminating Omar's face. María was holding onto the door with a surprised expression on her face.

"What are you doing here? It's late"

"I know"

Was the only thing he said. María turned around to look at her roomate. Marie acted as if she didn't know what was going on. She just continued playing her guitar in hopes that the future couple can solve their problems on their own. María rolled her eyes before looking back at Omar.

"Okay so.. What.."

He cut her off mid sentence.

"I'm going on a night stride and I want your company"

Her eyes went wide. In a wave of shock, she proceeded to shut the door abruptly.

"Marie! What the fuck am I supposed to do?!"

She whispered yelled. Marie stopped playing her guitar. She shifted on her bed, deep in thoughts.

"Well, do you want to go with him?"

María hesitated before answering.

"Well... Yeah"

Marie nodded in response. Omar knocked on the door again.

"Well go!"

Marie yelled. María winked at Marie before grabbing her sweater that rested on "the chair" (you know which one I'm talking about, yes the one drowned with clothes). She opened the door slowly.

"Hi"

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah"

The teenagers were grinning like idiots.

═════════ ❃ ═════════

They were sitting on some rocks near the lake. In that moment, it felt like paradise for the teenagers. The moon shinning on the calm water. The kind of cool breeze that makes your bones shiver. The only noise that was reigning in this peaceful atmosphere was the teen's giggles. María was sitting with her knees brought up to her chest. It wasn't a comfortable position after a while. But she kept it, only because it gave her warmth. The sweater she brought was too thin, much to her taste. The breeze wasn't actually that cold, but to María it was.

On his rock, Omar gave up on that sitting position. He was almost laying down. The boy was prompted up on his elbows. From time to time, the teens made eye contact with each other. It always left a unusual feeling in their bellies. Was it love? Was it lust? Or was it just their hormones taking over their feelings? They didn't know yet.

═════════ ❃ ═════════

María was shivering. Omar noticed because, quite franlky, María's chattering teeth were loud.

"You good?"

She separated her gaze from the lake to Omar's eyes.

"Yeah. I'm just a bit cold, that's it"

Omar sighed and sat up.

"Come here"

Omar pat a spot next to him, on the rock he was sitting on. A small smile appeared on María's face. She also felt her cheeks reddening. María replied with a small "Ok". She then proceeded to scoot closer to Omar. Just as she sat next to him, he wrapped his arm around her back.

She knew that was going to happen. Yet she was still suprised. It was a new feeling that she didn't mind. It gave her warmth, not only on the outside but on the inside too. She positioned her head on Omar's shoulder. She hummed soflty. María felt genuinely happy and as cliché as it sounds, she wanted this night to last forever. Omar felt the same.

For Omar, wrapping his arm around María took a lot of effort and courage but it was all worth it. He loved the feeling of having her close to him.

"Hey, good news! I'm not cold anymore"

María giggled slightly and Omar joined her. He pulled her closer to him. María repositioned her head by placing it in the crook of his neck. It was only then that she was able to scent how incredibly good he smelled like.

═════════ ❃ ═════════

Omar looked at his phone which showed that it was late enough. The teenagers had to go back to their rooms and get a good night of sleep, with a few hours left until morning.

hiii

i'm back again!

i really want their love story to be a slowburn but i want them to just be together already

ughhh!!

So anyways i'm gonna try to update another chapter soon. Since i'm quarantined i have a lot of free time so yeahh

Be safe and have a goodnight/day