❰2- 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝖺𝗍𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅❱

//A.N.//
This song doesn't really make any sense with the chapter but I wanted to put one of María's songs

═════════ ❃ ═════════

The bus stopped making the three teenagers look out the window. They finally arrived to camp. María felt nostalgic, she remembered a lot memories that happened here. She cringed and laughed at some of the memories. Claire squealed and grabbed Jakob by the arm, yanking him out of his seat.

María took a large breath to calm herself down. She got out of the bus and grabbed her bags. Claire and Jakob were nowhere in sight. She sighed and began to make her way to the public space.

Once she arrived, she didn't take the time to listen to the camp counselor telling the rules. She already knew them after spending five summers here. María went straight ahead to search on the list in which cabin she'll be staying in. María droped her bags on the ground and searched her name. She found herself stuck in the cabin of bears. "That's a dumbass name" María thought. She searched the list once more to see if her friend's name would be there. When she couldn't find them, she gave up. María was mad, it was going to be the first summer she'll be separated from her friends.

She already knew that paying a visit to Gladys (aka her favorite person in the world) was gonna make her feel better but she needed to put her bags in the cabin first. María grabbed her bags and began walking in direction of the cabin.

Once she arrived, there was nobody. The teenager started to search for her assigned room. Moments later, she found her room and dropped her bags on the bed.

After placing her bags on her bed, she got out of the cabin and began running towards the cafeteria. María was inside the cafeteria then she made her way in the kitchen to greet Gladys. (Gladys is the lunch lady and they spent each summer together talking and eating cookies. To María, Gladys was a second mother).

"Heyyy, Gladyyys"

The teenager yelled through the kitchen. She caught Gladys's attention. The old lady made her way towards María and hugged her. The teenager hugged her back. When they broke apart, Gladys put both of her hand on María's shoulders.

"Awwn I'm so glad to see you again sweetie"

Gladys said while tearing up which made María tear up too. They hugged once more. María sat on the counter while Gladys went to grab the cookies. The older woman sat beside María, placing the cookies between the two of them. They began eating and talking about what happened in their life the past year. This time, María didn't felt anxious. Instead she felt happiness. She felt happy to talk to Gladys after a year of not seeing her and to talk about her music.

═════════ ❃ ═════════

4 PM was the time that María got back to her cabin. She talked a lot with Gladys but was forced to leave due to the staff having to prepare the supper.
Once she stepped inside, she saw that the cabin was no longer empty. There was a lot of teenagers talking, laughing, throwing stuff at each other etc. María rolled her eyes at the hormonal messes and started walking towards her room.

"¡Oyé mami! You got an nice ass"

María turned around slowly, anger getting a rise out of her. She clenched her fist and took a deep breath. She looked at the the boy who catcalled her. He had a pale skin, a small beard and a smirk on his face. María made her way to him. She walked normally as if nothing happened. She stood in front of him and made eye contact. María put her hands delicately on his shoulder, rubbing them gently. The smirk never leaving the hormonal boy's face. It only grew bigger.

María faked a smile and kneeled him in the balls. She didn't hit him hard but hard enough to take him by surprise. He gasped for air and leaned down frontward while grabbing his private part through his pants as if it would help him with the pain. María leaned down and whispered into his ear

"Listen pendejo, next time I'm gonna kick you in the balls so hard you're gonna be sterile."

She looked at his two friends laughing. To be honest María was so distracted from this whole situation that she didn't notice his friends. They were laughing and mocking the pale skin teenager. María laughed with them and when the laugh died down the beanie-wearing dude asked her

"What's your name?"

"María and you?"

"My name is Omar and this is Liano"

He pointed at the tanned boy standing besides him but María didn't really care. She was somehow hooked to Omar. She didn't know why and she hated that feeling. María sure wasn't the only one feeling that way. Her and Omar were staring at each other and Liano felt weird by just being there. The boy María kneeled felt a bit of jealousy and spoke up

"Hey I'm kwest but I'm also sorry"

Kwest gave her a genuine smile and offered her his hand which she shook after taking her gaze off Omar.

"It was nice meeting you guys but I- uh I gotta go"

María waved to the three boys and started to walk fast until she reached
her room. She shut the door behind her and let out a huge sigh. This whole situation was weird to her and the teenager's heart was beating fast.

"Hi"

María screamed then laughed when she saw that it was just a teenage girl and not a serial killer.

"Hi sorry I thought that you were psychopath trying to murder me"

María let out a breathy laugh while putting her hand on her chest trying to calm herself down. The blond girl laughed then took a serious facial expression

"What if I am?"

María suddenly stopped laughing. Her eyes widened. The blond girl cackled at María's reaction

"Just kidding I'm Marie"

The latina chuckled at the coincidence.

"Hi Marie, I'm María"

María extended her hand which Marie gladly shook. Even if María wasn't with Jakob or Claire this year, she knew she would have a lot of fun with Marie.

═════════ ❃ ═════════

//A.N.//
SHE FINALLY MET CUCO YAYY
So yeah... this chapter ain't much but I really wanted to introduce Gladys, Kwest, Liano and Omar:)
Btw if you had an idea or whatever hmu. Idk where I'm gonna take this book but I have an idea and Marie is portrayed by girl in red

 Idk where I'm gonna take this book but I have an idea and Marie is portrayed by girl in red

Amourephemere52♡