Chap 23: not ready

Start from the beginning

It's stupid he knows. He shouldn't be assuming the worst or making assumptions about where his life might go if pups come into the picture. His father managed it all, nearing the end of his university he became pregnant with his brother. A surprise that shouldn't have happened but one his father is glad did. He was able to finish his degree and at the same time give birth and raise a child. He could do all that along with having to deal with an abusive mate was truly inspiring in Jimin's eyes. He couldn't imagine juggling all that, caring for a pup, schoolwork and the wraith of an alpha all at the same time.

But at the same time Jimin wasn't like his father, he couldn't cope with so much responsibility at once, along with the fear a child might bring to him and his alphas dynamic. They were already treading on thin ice, always fighting or in the pit of some drama that doesn't seem important once they've passed it. Jimin's struggle in opening up and Jungkook's difficult family weren't the best mix. Jungkook would get angry at him for being distant or closed off and he'd get angry at him for being so smothering and for his stuck up family whose constantly looking down on him. Especially when they found out he'd been raised solely by his omega father, a single parent household never a good sign apparently in the eyes on the Jeon clan.

Jimin could safely say he hated them, despised them, loathed them. They were the worst people he had the unpleasantness of meeting, they were even up there with his abusive alpha father. That's how much he disliked them. He knew their hackles would prick up if they knew Jimin would to ever bare Jungkook's pups. They'd be truly livid, maybe even threaten him to abort or simply pretend it isn't his. Of course they would try that, no one but a worthy omega could bare such a pure alphas children. And Jimin most certainly wasn't that omega, he knew that and so did Jungkook's family.

So Jimin thought it only fair he felt a little reluctant to be bred, be impregnated by his alpha. Especially when there were so many downfalls to them having pups.

His tears kept swelling, they seemed to be coming at a rapid rate. He sniffles softly, nose itching as his eyes grew puffy. His scent hitches with a slight sour tinge, invading the alphas sweet one and tainting it. The shift in pheromones wakes up the sleeping alpha, his arms that were tied snuggly to his omegas waist tight as he subconsciously pulls his distressed mate in. Jimin stiffness in his hold, feeling his alphas nose run up the ridge of his spine.

"O-omega?" His alphas rumbling voice grumbled, lips pressing smoothly on his skin.

Jimin scrunches his nose, quickly trying to rid the meek tears soiling his cheeks. He doesn't want to appear weak in front of his alpha and the mood between them was nice and he can't ruin that.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook instantly snaps from his sluggish state when he realised his omega was crying.

One of his hands which laid comfortably on Jimin's stomach comes up to grasp Jimin's trembling chin. At first Jimin didn't want to look at him, to ashamed for being so dramatic but his retaliation didn't last long as Jungkook's grip is pulling and before he knew it their eyes were meeting.

"Jimin, baby. Why are you crying?" His tone is sweet, wrapping around like a warm blanket.

Jimin doesn't answer at first, unable to speak due his chest caving in. The glint in his alphas eyes enough to burn his heart, he looked worried and that made him feel even worse about the doubts he's having.

"I'm okay, it's stupid." He wipes his nose, trying to glance away but Jungkook wasn't having it.

"It's not if it's making you cry. I hate seeing you cry Jimishi." Jungkook curls himself around his smaller body, always though keeping one hand settled on his stomach.

Jimin crumbles into his embrace, finding comfort in his warmth. His omega keens at it, needing it as his confidence is taking a hit.

"I'm just being emotional, it's nothing to be worried about." He tires to play it off, he really isn't keen on the idea of delving into his insecurities that he's sure will strike up a fight.