Chap 8: last memory

Youngjae laid on the bed, every fibre, every muscles, every limb ached. His chest would expand raspy, throat dry as a bone. Sweat trickled down his skin, sheets soaked in a mixture of slick, cum and blood-his blood. Yugyeom had turned feral during their lust, heat filled mating. Slipping into his old ways of beating, abusing and humiliation. His dominant alpha within him taking over, controlling his actions.

Youngjae felt the knowing tears drool down his cheeks, feeling the familiar shame and disgust consume him. It made him sick to his stomach, wanting to throw up in hopes to rid him off this revulsion. He loathed himself, hated himself for giving in, for going back to him even after everything he's done.

He begins sobbing, licking his cracked bleeding lips that stung when he did. Yugyeom had left, gone out for food or to drink he didn't know. Wasn't even sure if he'd be coming back, though he prayed he wouldn't. Because he knew if he came back the beatings would start, the humiliation followed by guilt and remorse. He'd begin saying sorry, he didn't mean to hurt him. That he'd never do it again or promises to make it up to him.

His fingers grip the sheets so tightly his knuckles turn a bold white. He didn't know what time it was or what day. They had moulded into one, morphed into a haze of animalistic screaming, aggressive dancing of bodies and painful clawing of nails, biting of fangs. His skin became a painting of his abuse. Bruises, bite marks, scratches tainted his pearly white flesh.

He closes his tired, blood shot eyes. Hoping sleep would take away his pain, his shame and he'd wake up with it all gone. He'd have his sons back, he back home where nothing could ever hurt him or them.

Tae scrambles up the stairs in a wave of excitement and anxiousness. He wanted desperately to get back home, see his father to make sure he was safe, he was okay. Jimin waddles not far behind him, climbing up the steps with his bag in hand. They couldn't wait get out the car, almost being run over by Mrs Chan's car because they were jumping out before she even stopped. They didn't listen when she told them to wait, of course they couldn't because they needed to see their father.

Tae reaches the top of the stairs, stumbling to the door as his little feet almost give way under him. He wiggles the handle, pushing the front door open in a heaving craze. He storms into the house, his face grimacing immediately at the pungent smells. The fierce aromas that cloud the house, shrouding him in a foul bitter smell of fear and aggression. His eyebrows farrow, nose sniffing the air as he recognises one of the harsh scents.

"No." Tae growls, instinctively running in the direction of his fathers bedroom.

He forces the door open, eyes widening, his lemon citrus pheromones turning sour and bitter. For what he saw before him was his father looking black and blue with bruises.

"Dad!" He sprints towards him, leaping onto the bed beside him.

"Tae honey?" Youngjae blinks open his aching eyes, feeling someone's weight on him.

Tae snuggles into him, rubbing his head all over his neck and face. He wrapped his small arms around him, oozing out this strong protective scent. His alpha screamed at him he was a failure, he didn't protect his dad like an alpha should.

"Daddy? Daddy!" Jimin wondered into his bedroom, tears brimmed his bright blue eyes.

The moment he stepped into the house he felt the pain, sadness from the pheromones he smelt. It scared him, terrified him because he thought something bad had happened. And stepping into his fathers bedroom he knew it had and that made him want to cry.

"Jimin-it's...it's okay." Youngjae attempts to sound strong, it broke his heart that his sons were seeing him like this.

Jimin crawls onto the bed, cuddling into Youngjae's side as he cried on his chest. The entire room stunk of pain and sadness. The despair imbedded into the air, in their scents.