Chapter 2

The team sat at the round table waiting on their late coworker to begin the presentation.
"sorry i'm late" Prentiss said hurriedly, as she sat in a vacant chair.

"no worries, let's get started" Hotch said as he glanced up to Penelope Garcia.

"right okay good morning crime fighters, today you will be jetting off to florida where the bodies of three young women have been found with..."

Emily zoned out, no longer hearing what Garcia was saying. Her eyes shut for a minute and she saw Hotch hanging from a rope on the ceiling. again. his lifeless body swaying slightly.

"hey. Em." a voice startled her and her eyes shot open.

"are you okay?" Derek Morgan said.

"uh yeah sorry" she said sheepishly.

Garcia got back to her presentation and Emily glanced over to Hotch across the table. he was looking at her. She was embarrassed but also relieved to see him alive and on his own two feet.

About 20 minutes into the flight Emily got up to pour herself some coffee. she waited for it to finish brewing and leaned up against the counter with a sigh.

"hey" a voice said behind her. it was Hotch.
"hey"

"you okay?"

"oh, yeah i'm fine."

Hotch didn't move or respond.
"okay I haven't been sleeping" she continued. "I'm having nightmares but it's no big deal. really."

She began to walk away with her fresh coffee in hand when hotch said "try some melatonin" with that tiny smile he does. She nodded with a smile back and sat in a window seat across from David Rossi.

Gathered around a map and a white board the team studied the information they had. The room was silent for a second, everyone working on their own theory in their heads when a man with a buzz cut and a clean shaven face walked into the conference room.

"Hi everyone, I'm detective Lawrence, the lead on this case. sorry I couldn't introduce myself sooner but I was interviewing one of the victims families when y'all arrived" he said.
Hotch introduces himself and then the rest of the team. The detective joined the team and they worked on building a profile.

It had been another usual case. They worked hard and saved a girl just in the nick of time all while putting the man behind it all in cuffs.

The team was finally back hone at Quantico when Rossi got everyone's attention. "hey guys, whose in for a drink at the bar?" he said.

"oh yes please" Morgan said.

"you don't have to ask me twice" JJ chimed in.
Reid nodded and followed the others.

"yes! family time!" Garcia said.

Emily slipped into Hotchs office as he was packing his belongings to head home for the night.

"The team is heading to the bar" She said.

"Im assuming there's no way to get out of it?" Hotch added with a little eyebrow raise.

Emily shook her head and said "cmon you know the answer to that".

Hotch met her gaze and nodded his head a little. Emily waited for him to finish gathering his things and they left his office together. They walked up to the rest of the group who were standing around in a circle.

"no. no. you two are not going to make up an excuse so you don't have to come." Garcia said.
Aaron and Emily exchanged a look.

"no, we're not" Emily said, linking arms with Garcia.

Hotch smiled and the team all squished into the elevator.

Hey everyone! I hope you're enjoying the story so far. I know these first chapters haven't been the most exciting but don't worry because action is coming!