Chapter 66: The Parting of Ways

Hint: Newt Scamander has reddish-brown hair (aka Auburn hair), not ginger hair. So, I wonder who that was with the ginger hair because it certainly wasn't Newt Scamander ;)

I do not own Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

He could feel a dog's head resting on his arm and a fluffy weightless animal on his stomach. There was a soft buzz every now and again by his ears, like fluttering wings, and on the top of his head felt like a bill of some sort of platypus or something.

Opening his eyes, Harry noted all the animals that seemed to have gathered on his magical exhausted self. Snuffles was resting by his side, his head resting on his left arm, the two pixies he adopted in the second year were by his ears, resting fretfully and every now and again their wings would move slightly causing the buzzing effect, the niffler he just found was on top of his head, and his cat Eclipse was resting fully on his chest, curled into a ball with soft purrs echoing through the room.

"Mother?" A hesitant, feminine, voice entered his mind causing his drowsy mind to become more awake and alert.

"Lunar, love, where are you?" Harry mentally asked as he looked around the room for his two familiars.

"Your father was able to sneak us in here, we are back in our rightful place," Regina's voice said and Harry looked down at his right arm where the tattoo of a snake and dragon now lie. He watched them shift back toward his chest and back, where they had a bit more room to settle and lie.

"I'm happy you're alright," Harry thought to them as his open hand took to softly rubbing Eclipse soft fur, their eyes met and Harry watched his cat seems to roll his eyes before nudging my hand back as his purr intensified.

"No matter the rules or morality, we are not leaving you again. Not after what happened," Regina said, her voice sharp and offering no room of objection. Not that Harry had any. In fact, some part of the tension he's held since having to depart from his familiars finally relaxed.

His fight with Grindelwald brought to his attention that while he might be powerful, his best bet was to stay by his familiars' side and work with them, and not without.

"I will not complain," Harry thought back to them, his voice echoing the promise to his familiars who also relaxed.

"How did the others get in here?" Harry asked his familiars.

"Fluffy kitty entered on his own accord by sneaking through the shadows. Mr.Dog entered through a similar way and refused to be budged. Uranus and Neptune came with Arya through crack in the door. It seemed Nifflers are like cats and are boneless like Regi," Lunar told him happily.

"They're not boneless, and Regina herself does have bones. Probably more than me," Harry exasperatingly informed the dragon who didn't even seem to understand the concept of anatomy. Just the fact that his snake, cat, and apparently Niffler can get through the tightest of spots she cannot and therefore have no bones.

"Sure, sure," Lunar said and Harry imagined she would've pat his head had she been in her corporeal form.

Harry heard Regina's sigh in his head as neither wanted to get into an argument with the still young (in dragon terms) dragon that could be bull-headed when she wanted to.

Harry shifted his hand from Eclipse, to the cat's disappointment, and instead softly pet Snuffles head. The dog snuffled before blearily opening his eyes and Harry watched them fill with relief and happiness.