Chapter 4: I Need to be There

Picture of Ellina to the right----->

Chapter 4:

"You should've told me. I could've helped you!" Aaron hissed. He was trying to keep his outward appearance cool, for the sake of the other people in the produce section of the store, but on the inside he was fuming. How could Andy not tell him?

"I don't need your help, I've been doing just fine for the last two-and-a-half years!" Andy stated, her own temper bubbling up. How dare he say he could've helped? He couldn't have helped much from freaking Australia!

"He needs a father," Aaron told her.

"That's what Elliot is there for." Andy shot back, before continuing on. "And if Tyler has lasted this long without you, which he has, then he'll do just fine without EVER seeing you." Andy meant for her words to sting, and by the look on Aaron's face, they did. Good, she thought smugly before turning around and swiftly walking away from her baby's daddy.

Before Andy could walk a step further Aaron's hand grasped her forearm tightly. "I'll take this to court. So help me God, Andy. I will. Don't think for a second that I won't, that boy is mine too!" Aaron told her indignantly.

"You don't deserve him, the second you left me at the altar, you left him too."

Aaron choked on his own air. "That's what this is about? You won't let me see my son because I wasn't ready to commit?!" Now he was shouting, not even caring about the other people in the area.

Andy rolled her eyes. Trying to make it seem like that wasn't a big factor, but it was. In fact, it was probably the biggest. "You PROPOSED to ME!" She yelled back, pointing to herself. "And don't even pretend like I pressured you, or even hinted that I wanted you to ask me."

"Well, maybe you did it subconsciously!"

"Don't stroke that ego or anything, I mean really, you probably did me a fav-"

"Excuse me," A voice stated. The two turned to see a beet red employee, whose name tag read Gerald. "I'm sorry, but I need to ask you to take your argument elsewhere. You are scaring the other customers."

"Heaven forbid we disturb your presious customers," Aaron huffed, throwing his hands up in a defensive position.

"Shut up, Aaron." Andy said before turning to Gerald. "We're terribly sorry. Well, I am at least. So if you don't mind I can I carry on shopping?" She told him, trying her best to look sincere, while batting her eyelashes at him.

The poor teen never stood a chance against Andy. "Of course, but please, no more arguing here."

Andy nodded her head vigorously. "Of course not. Thank you SO much!" She told him before walking away from the two guys in the produce section, trying to escape Aaron, but of course he was smarter than that and caught up with her easily.

"I gotta hand it to you, Andy; I didn't think you had it in you. You were just short of bending over for the guy." As soon as the words left his mouth Andy froze.

"I can't believe you just said that."

"Shit, Andy. I wasn't thinking. I'm so-" Andy brought her hand across his face.

"Don't you dare talk to me. You need to leave me alone and Tyler too. Seriously, Aaron."

*~*~*~*

"Ma, how could you not tell me!?" Aaron whined as he followed her around the kitchen. "This isn't the kind of information that you hold off over an expensive phone call from the other side of the globe!"