A Planet Called Earth

"Catch it, catch it" yelled Lily, watching a ball fly through the air towards her cousin. Lily was a fair haired girl who thought that no matter wherever she went, she was the best. Her cousin (who had just been hit in the head with a tennis ball) was quite a contrast. He was 10 years old, a year younger than Lily, and had unkempt, brown hair. Leo stood up with the shock of the ball hitting his head and Lily rushed over, asked him if he was ok, then got into her normal mode and started to tease him on how easy that catch had been. He was used to it.

"I think we should call it a day," moaned Leo. His cousin tried to protest because she was the captain of the school cricket team, but in the end, she gave in and started a commentary on how nice she had been towards Leo.

The two children entered the door of Lily's house after an uneventful walk home.  A small, unlit chandelier hang in the atrium of the house, in fact, the house was quite dark apart from the security light the children had set off. "Mum," Lilly called aloud, "Anybody home?" The house seemed eerily silent, for Lilly's mum (or dad) were always there for her when she got home. "Leo's come for a sleepover, is that ok?" 

Silence. 

Leo couldn't understand what Lily was worrying about, personally his mum and dad were never home at this time, they both worked in London. Lily started to walk further into the house, leaving Leo on the doorstep (his dad told him he should never come in uninvited).  

"What are you waiting for," yelled a voice from upstairs, "Come on."

The way to her bedroom was complicated, well, so was everything else she had. In the end, he saw a pink girlish room with pictures of famous rock stars and all of that. He sighed. This was going to be a long day.

"I found out where they are," came a muffled sound from behind cupboard. "What, in there?" Now he was super confused. First she causes a catastrophe about nothing, and then she thinks her parents are a couple of sweatshirts. 

"No you imbecile, I saw them on find my phone, the app." This still didn't explain why she was in a cupboard, but he didn't want to get into another argument. "And where are they?" he pressed.

"Ummmmm, I can't really see what it says..." 

"Here, it's, it's...Veltic Close. Does that mean anything to you?"

"Not really, but they do have meetings all over the place."

"Oh well, we should probably wait until they get back."

"Can't we see what their doing?"

"What do you mean! We can't go all the way to London," Leo was surprised she had even mentioned it.

"Good point," she said, "Yeah, we probably should wait for them," Lily concluded," they'll be back in about an hour."  

Leo switched on the tele and sat at the end of Lily's bed. In no time, the days events caught up with them and the two drifted off into a dreamless sleep.