six

❥❥❥❥

5.1k

❥❥❥❥

Sitting with them in the house was frightening. The more I looked at each of them, trying desperately to figure what they wanted to say, the more I got scared. I tried making eye contact with them, wanting nothing more than to try and see how they felt, but I couldn't. Yunseo was straight faced. I hadn't seen her that serious, ever. It was till her and Dongpyo looked at me simultaneously that I knew, something was up.

"Where do I start?"

I kept my eyes straight on her figure, watching as her eyes guiltily moved between looking at me and Dongpyo. As she moved to open her mouth Dongpyo spoke first, "It's weird isn't it?" I looked at him in confusion as he spoke, an almost reminiscent smile placing itself on his lips as he turned to look at me slowly. His eyes seemed affectionate as he stared back at me, I watched interested as he relaxed when his eyes met my gaze, "Isn't it weird how oddly similar 1969 feels to now? Many of the same people, the same problems, the same mystery." I was confused, and it clearly showed, Yunseo glared at Dongpyo. He acknowledged it, only to turn back to me and laugh at her expression, "I was born in 1952. I knew Eunsang, Minhee, Hyeongjun, both your grandparents, even your great grandparents. I died in 1999. Then I was born again in 2002." He paused before glaring back at Yunseo, "So did Yunseo. We were killed, we knew too much about her and her plans, so she killed us. We weren't supposed to remember. But we do, we remember everything." Yunseo looked at him then back at me and nodded. She wanted to say something, but she was holding it back. Her eyes shifted, and she anxiously played with her hands,"Yunseo just say it."

She seemed taken aback by my sudden comment, she let out a slight giggle and nodded. In stark contrast to her laugh, I was scared. Her whole demeanor seemed fake, a large shift from how she normally presented herself. "She hated me. She absolutely hated me. I was the reason her marriage failed. I was the reason she went crazy. I'm the reason this is happening. I'm so sorry."

"Who are you talking about Yunseo?"

"Myungja." She shouted, her eyes filling with tears. She brought her knees up to her chest, then rested her chin against her knees as she gazed almost soullessly at us. Her arms gripped tightly at her legs as she let tears fall, "Y/N it's been killing me to tell you this, she's out to kill you. She killed me, she's killing everyone in your family Y/N."

"You're next. I don't want you to die Y/N. I don't want you to join the rest of them Y/N. Do you want me to be honest? I'm fucking scared I'll lose you too. I lost everyone else I've cared about." She stopped talking, her silence was haunting. She had slowly become a shell of the person she used to be. "Y/N do you remember how I used to hate you?"

"Mhm."

"Do you know why?"

❥❥❥❥

There she was, holding onto her dad's hand staring right back at me. A wide smile bloomed onto her face as her sister took her hand and they walked down the sidewalk adorned in matching Halloween costumes. They happily walked ahead of me, Y/N sent me a smile then looked away. As her eyes parted from mine I couldn't help but feel frustrated. I could feel her looking right through me, it was a feeling I couldn't identify. She read me easily. She offered a trade in candies when I was displeased with mine, gave me a jacket when I forgot mine, and gave my a hug when she knew I needed it. She always knew.

In contrast to that, I never knew. Her eyes always seemed cloudy when I looked at them. She rarely ever expressed any sort of emotion, till she couldn't hold it back. Tears came almost abruptly, smiles seemed random, and fears were hidden behind a brick wall no one could pass. Nobody ever knew.