episode viii - balance

"be safe okay?" kylo whispered, holding your face in his hands

"be safe okay?" kylo whispered, holding your face in his hands. they were shaking, his eyes teary eyed and his bottom lip quivering. this was going to be his last goodbye before you were to leave.

"i will, well i'll try to be." you whispered back, leaning forward and kissing him gently. you felt his calloused fingers brush against your cheek bones, melting against your touch.

"before you go through, i need to tell you something." he sighed, pulling. you tilted your head a bit, waiting for him to continue. "i'm sure you know that han solo was my father, and i still think about how killing him was the biggest mistake in my life. but, i don't want the same to happen to my mother."

"maybe we can take her with us once we've escaped to make sure shes protected." you suggested. you always wondered about kylo's past. all you knew was that han solo was his father and that was pretty much it. he didn't like to talk about the past because it made him feel weak.

"i can't though. shes part of the resistance." he groaned, face burying in his hands. "my mother is leia organa."

"the general?" you asked, going wide eyed. kylo nodded putting his head up.

"it's literally impossible. i'll probably never see her again." he sighed, putting his head up, a few tears slipped from his eyes. you pulled kylo into your arms, your fingers tangling through his wavy locks.

"you're reunite with her okay? i'll do what i can to make it happen."

a small sad smile spread across his lips. "i also never told you about my birthname." he mumbled, cheeks turning a bit pink. "it's ben. ben solo."

when you looked at kylo, you saw softness in his eyes. thats when you knew the man you first
met was gone and ben solo was present.

"i like ben," you giggled softly, pecking his lips. "he's even handsomer than kylo."

a small chuckle fell from his crimson lips, the two of you hugging for the last time for a while. before you finally were going to leave his chamber, ben placed his hand over your stomach, tears forming in your eyes as he let out a shaky sigh.

"i love you, i love the two of you a lot." he murmured.

"we love you too"

after an emotional goodbye, you finally left, taking the bag you prepped the other night, walking to the ship hux prepared to drop you off at the nearest planet. if it was his choice, he would've had you terminated there but kylo instructed that you were to be dropped some where else.

you felt hux eye your moments as you stepped on the ship, your cheeks burning in anger. watching, ben stood near other stormtroopers that saw you leave. no one could see due to his mask, but silent tears ran down his cheeks. however, the energy around him made his blood begin to boil. he could hear the thoughts of everyone in the room, hux's being the loudest.