episode iv - not meant to be

you woke up in a difference place

you woke up in a difference place. it was a rough and uncomfortable bed just like back in your room on the imperial ship. however, it definitely wasn't your room. softly, you called out for kylo and you heard footsteps come near and there he was.

his hair was tied back and he looked tired with heavy dark circles under his eyes. "hey, are you feeling better?" kylo asked, his voice breaking a little bit.

you shrugged, wrapping your arms around his neck. he tried to squeeze himself on the single sized bed, holding you tight. "what happened?" you whispered.

"some gang ambushed us. i have people investigating the situation but you had a head injury. i thought i was going to loose you, y/n." he choked out, you felt tears fall on your shoulder.

"i'm still here tho, aren't i?" you smiled sadly at him, pulling to take a look at his face. he leaned down and kissed you softly before pulling and sitting beside your bed. "are we going back to the ship?"

"sadly yes, i'm sorry, my star. i didn't fulfill my promise as i said i would." he frowned, plump lips pouting.

"it's okay ky, i understand. i guess it just wasn't meant to be."

just as kylo was about to say something, he was getting a call in so he pressed a kiss to your hand before walking back to the front of the ship. sighing, you pulled the blanket over your body, deciding to go back to sleep till you got back.

it had been a week since the attack in naboo. most nights you couldn't sleep because of the nightmares. you spent a lot of nights sleeping with kylo, him staying up till you were asleep again. he felt so disgusted with himself for allowing any of that to happen.

and when he was mad, he'd throw on his robes, leaving you in the bed to go destroy something. it was all he knew he could do to make himself feel better. one night when he came back, you were awake, seeing him quietly enter the chamber.

"where did you go?" you simply asked.

"just went for a walk." he answered, throwing his robe at the end of the bed before rejoining you under the sheets. "did you have another nightmare?"

"no, i just didn't feel you beside me." you whispered, eyes fluttering closed again. he brought his calloused hand up to brush your cheek, your skin burning under his touch.

"i want to marry you, y/n." he said softly. you opened your eyes just a bit, eyes sparkling even in the dark making him smile weakly. "marry me please."

"i want to, also" you chuckled, running your thumb over his bottom lip. he kissed the pad of your finger before shutting his own eyes, the two of you falling asleep for the last few hours till both you had to get up soon for another long day of work.