⇝The Game

Of course when Livia wanted to see Tom Riddle, he was nowhere to be found.

The boy seemed to have dropped off the edge of the world, that or left Hogwarts. Since very few people left during the school year and if they did rumours usually spread, and none did, Livia decided to settle on the former.

The funny thing is, he only seemed to disappear from her world. Noah still saw him. Cora did too. And Phoebe. It was as if Tom was hiding from her, which was very unlike him so that probably false.

"Livia! Come on we were meant to be down at the pitch 10 minutes ago!"

Livia dashed out of the bathroom. She pulled on her shoes and tucked her broom under her arm before following Cora out of the dorms.

"Sorry," Livia said, her voice slightly muffled from the hair tie in her mouth. She removed it and used it to quickly tie up her air. "I couldn't get to sleep last night."

Cora scowled, leading the two down the abandoned corridor. "Because you're too focused on other things. This is our first quidditch match of the season. We need a good start so you need to focus."

Livia knew how much quidditch meant to Cora so, even though she thought Cora was overreacting, she didn't comment.

They arrived at the quidditch pitch and went into the Ravenclaw changing room, where the team were waiting.

"There you are," Conor Burke, Ravenclaw chaser and captain, spoke. "Now we can discuss the game strategy."

Livia listened closely to the instructions she was given, which was basically the same as always. Get the quaffle through the hoop, whatever the case.

"Gryffindor are a good team," Conor ended with. "But we can be better. Let's win this thing."

Cheers of determination filled the dressing room as the team left for the pitch. As soon as the team reached the outdoors, screams and yells of encouragement from the rest of the school filled the air. Livia's heartbeat picked up and adrenaline flowed through her bloodstream. She was ready for this match.

The Gryffindor team soon joined them on the pitch and the captains shook hands. Livia snuck a little smirk in Phoebe's direction, who was the Gryffindor keeper. The girl in gold and scarlet winked back.

The whistle blew and Livia pushed off the ground, diving for the quaffle immediately. The Gryffindor chaser got there before her and sped off. Thankfully, his attempt of a score was blocked by Ravenclaw's keeper. Livia stole the ball and dashed to the opposite hoops.

Once the quaffle sailed through the hoop, a ripple of cheers sailed through the stands, particularly in the ocean of blue half. The cheers filled Livia's mind, making her determined to score another.

The match continued. Livia continued to score, along with Cora and Conor. Gryffindor also scored a few points.

Livia's eyes trailed to Andrew Walker, who was circling the pitch. Gryffindor were now three points ahead, so the snitch needed to be caught soon, preferably by Ravenclaw.

Livia was beside the Gryffindor hoops, ready to score if the quaffle was thrown in her direction. Her eyes were focused on the Ravenclaw hoops, where Gryffindor were trying to get an extra point.

Livia's eyes flickered from the hoops for a second and went into the crowd. Her heart almost stopped when she found someone staring at her.

Tom's eyes, although far away, stared into Livia's. Livia looked back, his icy stare making her feel queasy. She was petrified, frozen. Tom's lips curled into a tiny smirk, but Livia didn't really notice. They only thing she could see were his eyes. His damn brown eyes. The game melted away as all Livia wanted to do was get lost in Tom Riddle.

The game...

Livia was brought back to the match by someone screaming at her.

"Livia! Look out!"

The next few seconds moved in slow motion. A fierce pain shot through Livia's left arm as the bludger collided with her body. She felt bones shatter as her mouth opened in a yelp of pain. She desperately tried to stay on her brown, clawing at the wood as she fell through the air. Screams filled her ears; she didn't know if they belong to her or someone else.

And as the ground got closer, all Livia could see was brown eyes, until darkness consumed her.

•-•-•-•

Livia woke to a bright light. She had to blink a few times for the hospital wing to come into focus and for the lights to be turned off.

"Lights aren't good for concussions," the matron said, to nobody in particular.

"Concussion?" Livia asked, trying to sit up. Her mouth felt unnaturally dry.

"Stay lying down," the voice of Phoebe said. Livia turned to see her friend, hair still wind blown. "You're bruised up pretty bad."

"What happened?" Livia asked, mentally pleading for some water.

"Bludger hit you," Cora stated while Phoebe handed Livia a glass of water. "You zoned out. Didn't see it coming."

Livia sipped her water in silence, not prepared to say what she'd been thinking of.

"You have a concussion and a broken arm," the matron said. "You'll be fine. You just need to stay here for a few nights."

Livia nodded slightly, giving the matron a chance to leave.

"Well, who won the match anyway?" Livia asked.

Phoebe frowned. It was playful though, since her friend was hurt. "You did, of course. I think you're seeker saw the team was in trouble, with you gone. So he caught the snitch as quickly as possible."

"Not true," Cora argued. "We could've lasted much longer without Livia, not that we wanted to," she added quickly.

Livia laughed, but settled on a chuckle when it sent a pain to her brain.

"At least I get to miss classes," Livia said. "And Christmas breaks in a week. So I'm basically on my holidays already."

Cora shook her head in amusement while Phoebe spoke sarcastically "Lucky you!"