Chapter 13

Stiles' POV

I numbly shuffled out of my house, down the driveway, to where Matt stood, leaning against his car with a smug smile on his face. Holding out the small key fob, I dropped it into his outstretched hand.

"See how easy that was?" Matt said.

"I-I gave you what you w-w-wanted, M-M-Matt." I stuttered, "N-N-Now, where's D-D-Derek?"

"He's in his house. You might want to hurry, though. The place is burning up!"

As realization of what that meant sank in,  I ran, sprinting into the jeep as fast as I could, his laughter echoing out behind me.

                                           *          *            *               *            *          *

                                                             Derek's POV

Smoke everywhere can't breathe oh god oh god how many nightmares have I had about this place burning I can see the flames everywhere stop stop stop can't breathe is this how Mom felt please just make it end I can't do this feel lightheaded fire oh god oh god fire can't see can't hear dying dying can't breathe can't hear smell my skin burning oh god oh god so sorry someone calling my name no no oh god fire fire the heat everywhere arms around my waist pulling me oh god are they killing me sooner make it stop oh god oh god oh god it's over not in the house gasping for air is that Stiles maybe don't know black spots in my vision everything is dark Stiles is saying my name never told him I loved him I love you Stiles I wish you could hear me am I dead am I talking can't tell don't know if I'm alive am I alive or dead don't know so tired so heavy everything fading away

Derek! Just cough it out! Breathe, dammit, breathe!

I sucked in a huge breath, dry heaving.

"Oh, thank God!" Stiles shouted, "Derek, you can't do that to me! Don't do that to me, you promised you promised!"

He was on the verge of a panic attack, I could tell.

"Calm down, Stiles, calm down." I said, wrapping my arms tightly around him.

Stiles sobbed into my chest, shaking. I ran my fingers through his soft hair. With me murmuring soft, gentle reassurances in his ear, he eventually relaxed, giving me the space to take in the wreckage of my already destroyed home. I grit my teeth.

"He will pay for this." I swore, "And for every second we spent apart. We will always be together, Stiles. Always."

                                                      *        *        *          *        *          *

                                                                Scott's POV

"You stole the Bestiary?" I accused, "Do you realize how dangerous that is? There are so many things in there that Matt could use to kill all of us!"

"He had Derek, Scott!" Stiles protested, "You would have done exactly the same thing for Alison, don't even say you wouldn't!"

"That's different."

"No. It isn't." Derek snapped, "You and Alison are mates, Stiles and I are mates. You know what would happen if it were you. You would give the world to save Alison, and you know it."

"I'm sorry, guys, it's just that- I don't want anything to happen to you guys. I'm scared that Matt will do- I don't know, but I have a feeling that this is not going to turn out well. Like, I have a feeling that something really, really bad is going to happen because of this."

"I'm so, so sorry, Scott." Stiles whimpered, "I'm sorry. This is all my fault."

"No, it's not, Stiles." Derek said, glaring at me, "I would've done the same for you. This is not your fault, Stiles, okay? Do. Not. Blame. Yourself. Got it?"

Stiles nodded, and I left the warehouse while they curled up together.

                                                 *               *           *          *           *           *

                                                            Matt's POV

I waited anxiously as the file downloaded onto my computer.

10%.......................57%...................93%..............Download complete.

Skimming through the huge amount of information took hours. When I was finished, though, I sat down, pondering what I'd just read.

A Kanima in Beta form........Controlling werewolves through their Alpha........Werewolf breeding.......Heat cycles............Alpha packs.......Effects of the different types of wolf'sbane.....

"My god.." I whispered.

The things I could do with this......

I smiled. Beacon Hills......something wicked this way comes.

                                                 *             *           *             *           *             *