Chapter 7

Stiles POV

I spent the next few days in a drug induced haze. Most of the day, I was asleep. Dad had begun to let in visitors besides Scott, and the whole freaking lacrosse team had come through. Even Jackson. Scott had came about an hour ago.

"So, anyway," he'd rambled, "Greenburg's been kicked off the team, and Danny is.."

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I didn't really give a crap.

"Scott?" I'd interuppted.

"What?" he'd said

"I need.....you to get...Derek....I-I-I want.....him....here...."

Scott had left almost immediatly. And here I was, alone in my room, an hour later. Derek swung in from the window.

"Derek?" I slurred, "Is that...you?"

"Yes, Stiles. It's me." he said softly.

"Come.......lay with me....I'm...so cold..."

He lied at the very edge of the bed. I scooted closer to him. He tentively wrapped his arms around me. A memory flashed through my brain about the last time he'd done that. But it was okay. I forgave him. It wasn't his fault. I sighed happily, warm and comfortable because my mate was there.

At least, untill he hid. Dad came in with pills and water. I swallowed them both quickly. Derek came back out. We both lied down on the bed again. He talked to me softly about anything and nothing. I blinked quickly to stay awake.

"Don't let me fall asleep, Derek." I mumbled.

He slipped his hand underneath my shirt, tracing patterns onto the bare skin of my chest.

"Stop..." I protested weakly.

He ignored me. My eyes closed, and I fell asleep.

* * * * * *

Derek's POV

Stiles snored on. I walked around his room. A picture of what I guessed to be his mom sat on the desk. I picked it up and looked at it. She was blonde and pretty, wearing a red and pink shirt. Stiles began to thrash on the bed. I shook him awake. He growled at me, but relaxed quickly. His face was slack, and I could tell he was still mostly drugged.

"I hate....those pills.." he muttered under his breath, "They....give me...bad dreams.."

"What about?" I asked.

"The....wolf....It's big and black, and you....try to stop...it..but it kills....you...and then it...comes for...me...."

His eyes grew clear and focused for the first time.

"Derek?" he said.

"What?"

"You have to promise me, Derek. You have to. Do you promise?"

"Promise you what?"

"Promise that you won't leave. You can't leave. Just don't let go of me okay? Don't leave me. And never let me go."

"I'll stay with you, Stiles." I whispered, "Forever."

I gently kissed his forehead. His eyes glazed over again.

"I love you." I said.

"I...love you...too.." he mumbled, and he fell nto the heavy sleep of the drugged and the sick