Regrets

Liam P.O.V

Everything went so fast. I was so furious after Mateo's performance with the jerk that I wanted to ignore everything. So I went to Camilla's party, drank alcohol, smoked weed, and got wasted as fuck.
I was barely conscious when someone grabbed my arm and led me into a bedroom. This person almost ripped off my clothes and started to suck my dick. I was too wasted to stop and I fucked her, even if I could tell she was a girl. I didn't care for the least. I just wanted to exteriorize my anger and my disappointment. Then someone turned on the lights, and I realized I was having sex with Mateo's sister, before seeing Mateo himself, crying silently and staring at us from the door. Everything stopped for a few moments when I saw his eyes, his beautiful eyes, betraying how much I hurt him with what I just did. He walked away and I quickly put my clothes on again. He screamed, and being drunk, I screamed back. I couldn't do anything else. He explained everything, and all I could do was looking at him slowly running away from me. Emptiness invaded my entire body. I was completely wasted but understood every single word Mateo said in the hallway.
Even if my head was spinning, I was able to realize I lost him. I was just stupid. I misjudged him, I jumped to conclusions, and I broke his heart.
I ran into a bedroom upstairs and burst into tears. All night long. The moment I fell on the bed, I knew I was in Mateo's bedroom. I finally fell asleep, after hours of guilting myself, as if my body couldn't stand the loss of Mateo anymore.

..........

Someone strongly shook me, and I slowly opened my eyes.

"Liam! Wake up it's an emergency !"

I recognized my brother's voice but couldn't explain why I was hearing it now.

"God Philip! I got hungover !" I exclaimed.

My head was killing me.

"Liam this is serious! Our dad is hospitalized for generalized cancer !" He explained.

"What ?!"

I looked straight in his eyes and knew he was dead serious.
Everything shattered inside of me. Losing Mateo was already so hard, but now, I could barely breathe.
I ran outside the house, climbed in my car, and drove as fast as I could.
My headache was still there, but I was too concentrate to really feel it.
I needed to get out of here, I was suffocating.
Once parked inside our property, I stayed in my car, burst into tears again, and yelled as loud as I could.
I couldn't stand this feeling of desperation filling every vein in my body. I tried to deny everything, but couldn't ignore the extreme sadness controlling my mind.
I kept crying for hours, even if tears couldn't flow anymore.
Exhausted, I finally went to my house.

"Liam! Your father-"

"I KNOW !" I yelled.

I couldn't hear it again. Tears started to flow again from nowhere. I didn't know how I could still cry.

"Our private jet is ready when you are" she blandly answered.

Her face and her tone were as neutral as usual.

"Now" I replied.

All I could think about was the precious minutes I was losing being there, while I could be next to my father.

"You're not coming ?" I asked my mother when I realized she didn't follow.

"No, there are some things I need to deal with first. I'll come with your brother" she replied.

I insulted her in my head, for being the cold gold digger bitch she was. I went through the mansion and went to our huge backyard, where a jet was waiting for me.
The jet took off as soon as I climbed inside.
A few hours later, I landed. A driver took me to the hospital right when I climbed out.
It was too soon for paparazzi to be here. The news didn't spread enough at that moment.
Some persons from the hospital's staff led me to my father's room. They left me alone, and I braced myself for the next moment to come.
I finally knocked and entered. I walked to the end of a corridor, into a spacious room.
My father was there. He seemed much older than the last time I saw him.
His gaze fell on me as soon as I arrived.

"Liam," he said with a weak voice.

I felt tears flowing despite myself. I just couldn't handle the sadness, the desperation, the void I was going to be once my father had left me.

"Come here" my father added.

My legs moved, and soon, I was sitting next to him.

"I love you so much, my son"

"I love you too dad" I replied, sobbing.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I tried so many times, but couldn't bear seeing this sadness in your eyes. And the moment I felt ready, I realized I had to help you and your brother before leaving" he explained, tears running down his cheek.

"Dad I can't. I can't lose you" I replied, trying to contain my tears.

"I know you're strong enough to stand up again. I know that you will live your dreams for me" he affirmed.

"No, I can't! I'm alone now. I screw up big times dad. I need you"

I explained to him the whole situation, and he patiently listened, like he always did when we had a moment together.

"Listen, Liam, everyone makes mistakes. What will make the difference is what you are ready to do to fix them" my father finally said.

"Everything! I'm ready to do everything! But he will never talk to me again. Without you, I'm nothing dad"

"You'll be an amazing illustrator," my father said with a smile.

"How do you-"

"I saw your drawings. And I also found a letter from you from the ten years old you somewhere in the attic, saying you would like to be an illustrator" he explained, with pride in his eyes.

I cried and kept crying for a long time, before falling asleep, in my father's arms.
I stayed with him all the time on Sunday and Monday. Bodyguards were now watching the room since paparazzi were ready to do anything to have juicy photos, interviews with my dad, etc.
Late in the evening, my dad was sleeping, and I was watching him.
My heart hurt so bad and felt a new wave of sadness taking control of me when I heard something.

"What do you mean 'I can't go inside' ?!" I heard from behind the door. I thought I recognized the voice, but immediately remembered it was impossible.

"Sorry sir, but only a few persons are allowed"

"I think you didn't understand. I need to see Liam! It's an emergency! Could you at least tell him that Mateo Wilson is here ?!"

Hi guys!
I'm really trying to keep an uptade every two days but had some difficulties to write this chapter. What do you think of it?
Also, I was tired while writing it, so if you see big mistakes, don't hesitate to tell me!

Thank you so much,
Love from otters !!